ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scenic 182 sport - project turning but not starting

Renault Scenic 182
As title i have a 2001 Renault Scenic Sport Dynamic+ 1.8 16v which was a fookin storming engine putting out a genuine 117bhp 4 times in a row at RS tuning, my cam belt tensioner shredded itself into 3 pieces and wallah...

.. i had my excuse to drop in my 'spare' Clio 182 engine ;), which i did using 172 manual inlet etc and the scenic gearbox so could use the original shafts and starter etc :D

Its all in using a PH1 engine loom and PH1 ECU with the rest connected into the original car loom, i swapped the igniton etc for the 172 one to match the ecu but it wouldnt start so realising my stupidity (imobiliser is in the UCH box behind glovebox NOT the ecu) i sent the Ecu off to RS Tuning for imobiliser code removal at a cost of £110 only to get it back and it be absoloutely NO different, it was wiped off code and the original keys etc from the scenic used, as was told id come to start and it would instantly take the Scenics code and use that from now on to start

its exactly the same as this thread and vid

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...page3&highlight=injector+locking+relay+wiiing

its started 6 times... for a split second but then stalled straight away, using a spare lead and plug i have noticed the spark goes when cranking which points directly at imobiliser, have swapped coil pack (have 3) leads (have 2 sets) and numerous other things from my PH1 172 i have sitting next to it, have swapped the crank sensor and no different and straight back onto the clio just to prove its a good sensor

ALL the PH1 172 bits on it including loom etc are off a runnign driving straight car which i stripped myself and it had NO running problems

please help cause ive lost my patience:mad:

wayne