ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scorpion cat back!

well just bitten the bullet and picked up my new exhaust from larkspeed in leeds,scorpion cat back stainless steel,looks very nice,straight through back box hehe!.for my mk1 172,centre section buzz irritating and its got a hole too!

was going to go for the magnex system but £90+ more so went for scorp £249,which i didnt think was too bad,problem is im leaving the car at my mates garage to fit whilst im on holiday!,have to wait till i get home. :(

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ive always liked the sound of the Scorpion systems.

Nice sound, not too loud or intrusive, my kinda thing as I dont likea really loud zorst.

Get some pics when its fitted and let us know how it sounds.

Exhaust places always claim to be able to make a system as noisy or as quiet as you want. Is this true? I really dont like "look at me" loud exhausts, but would like something with a nicer note to it. Is it possible to make a backbox only produce loud noise at high revs?

Decat pipe goes on tomorrow :devilish: along with Viper :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 25 September 2003

Exhaust places always claim to be able to make a system as noisy or as quiet as you want. Is this true? I really dont like "look at me" loud exhausts, but would like something with a nicer note to it. Is it possible to make a backbox only produce loud noise at high revs?
Yeah, a Powerflow zorst can be made louder or quieter according to your needs apparently.

For an "off the shelf" system thats not OTT then ones like Scoprion & Jetex are usually not too loud.

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 25 September 2003

Decat pipe goes on tomorrow :devilish: along with Viper :devilish::devilish::devilish:
Sweet!

You coming to York to see how these will affect your times???

Hopefully, if i get off my arse and get my pictures sent off for my first photo license. Done the last 2 Yorks using other peoples names :oops:

Definitely running with the seats in next time, although I might replace the spare with tyre foam.