ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

^ that was my thoughts aswell.

I know what you've tried to do with the lunar but I just think that inlet in silver would look so fresh.

Nice to see something different tho and you've done an amazing job on this car!

Many.
If thats the only fault you can pick, well it must be a good car.

Saw it this morning (pre-inlet) and pics don't do it justice, Everytime I've been down to Scotts I'm blown away, but I can't get that into words. I stand looking at his bay, with just "wow" stuck in my head.

Hope that wasn't aimed at me Alex. I really like what Scott has done with the engine bay and like I said it's nice to see something different.

The car is a real credit to him.

Many.
I didn't really mean to come across so hard with my first comment. The second part is just in general, I tried to explain to Scott this morning how bloody hard it is to get across how f**king awesome I think it is. And he needs to post more pics, as attention to detail is awesome.

Ah no worries mate :)

I know what you mean tho. Things never look as good in pictures as they do close up in person.

Best ph1 out there tho. One of my favourite cars on here for sure.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Scott, there's a custom sub box with amp and sub on eBay. Looks good! (I can't link I'm on my phone)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Bloody lovely!!

So fresh!

Only gripe is the inlet should be silver..

Thanks for the comment and i knew my choice in colour's would have mixed feelings.

I did the inlets in lunar grey because i love the colour, its a Renault colour and if i did everything in sliver it would look to much imo.

^ that was my thoughts aswell.

I know what you've tried to do with the lunar but I just think that inlet in silver would look so fresh.

Nice to see something different tho and you've done an amazing job on this car!

Thank you Jack, as above mate.

If thats the only fault you can pick, well it must be a good car.

Saw it this morning (pre-inlet) and pics don't do it justice, Everytime I've been down to Scotts I'm blown away, but I can't get that into words. I stand looking at his bay, with just "wow" stuck in my head.

Thanks Alex. :eek:

i am not painting it silver now LOL

lunar offsets all the shiney bits nicely IMO !

This ^^ and thats why i did it.

Great news Scott :D I'm not sure how many times I can keep saying that this car is awesome but it really is mate!

CSS trophy this year? ;)

Thanks for the comment Mark.

No chance, Craigs sunflower is epic

Scott, there's a custom sub box with amp and sub on eBay. Looks good! (I can't link I'm on my phone)

Cheers Dan, ive had a look.

Its the sort of thing im after but with a better sub and without being able to see the amp/wires.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Finished off the engine bay today, ready for the air con to be re-gassed. I let the engine run up again today then switched it off once the fan had cut in.
Its loud and runs lumpy (i love it) even my sons think so. :D

20140525_173817_zpse4d06a84.jpg

20140525_173838_zps5806512e.jpg

I also fitted the new hazard switch, i know its only something silly but it proper bugged me.

20140525_091608_zpsa723b292.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
The effort gone into this is properly awesome. If I'm honest, wasted on a Clio. You should be doing restorations on something classic mate.

Really impressive finish.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Give it a few years when ph1's become even more collectable than trophys.... Scott will have everyone asking him how much lol :)

tbh its the sort of thing I would do to a ph1 if I had one. I find it very relaxing to do stuff like this. Efforts speaks for itself.
Now to find a Sierra before dreads kills me for fixing the dci :eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Stunning mate.

Thanks Dave. :eek:

I'd lick it, but my tongue would make it dirty.

Flol.

So how much you want once its up and running ;-)

Hard thing to give a price to mate, got to order a set of Bilstein coilovers tomorrow.

I couldn't bring myself to even think about selling it yet, not driven it since September and have spent a fortune on it over the last 8 months. :)

Shiny, shiny!! How long till you get it on the road?

As soon as possible mate, going to book an AC guy tomorrow once that's done then i can finish off putting it back together.

Going to give RS Tuning a call to see what dates they have available, from now on its in other peoples hands tbh. :(

The effort gone into this is properly awesome. If I'm honest, wasted on a Clio. You should be doing restorations on something classic mate.

Really impressive finish.

Thanks very much Mike, i understand where you are coming from mate. I worked on old Aston Martins for over 8 years after leaving school, we where taught how to do things in the correct way.
So everything i do now is done to a high standard, i just cant help myself.

These little PH1's are becoming hard to come by in nice low mileage condition, it also gives me something to do with my time. :)

Give it a few years when ph1's become even more collectable than trophys.... Scott will have everyone asking him how much lol :)

tbh its the sort of thing I would do to a ph1 if I had one. I find it very relaxing to do stuff like this. Efforts speaks for itself.
Now to find a Sierra before dreads kills me for fixing the dci :eek:

It would be nice if the prices start to go up.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
UPDATE.

Yesterday i've ordered a set of the Bilstein B14 coilovers from Larkspeed along with Eibach camber bolts and a pair of H&R 20 mm front spacers.

I also gave the air-con guy a call, hoping that he could re-gas the system on Friday or Saturday that would give me enough time to get the bumper etc fitted back and then it could go off for a MOT on Monday.

Just my luck they are fully booked on them two days but will be here between 3 and 5pm on Monday. :(

Today i gave Paul at RS Tuning a call to see what dates he had available for the car to go to him for its re-map, i was thinking that nothing would happen until July but lucky enough Paul had the 19th June so ive booked the car in with him. :approve:

So next up was sorting out transport to get the car to Paul's, i wanted to recover it to him myself and to recover it back home once it was done (don't fancy a 4hr drive home in a Clio)
I have haired a 3.5 ton recovery truck from these guys which ill collect the night before. :D

http://www.albertroadltd.co.uk/default.asp?textpage=recovery_vehicle_hire_essex

M2 Comp
This car is stunning, the attention to detail is unbelievable! :hail:

Any chance I could leave my Trophy with you for 8 months so you could work your magic on it? :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
This car is stunning, the attention to detail is unbelievable! :hail:

Any chance I could leave my Trophy with you for 8 months so you could work your magic on it? :D

I love a Trophy after seeing Tim's on a RS2.:)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Coming along now Scott, I bet it's good to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Good choice on the suspension too!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I need to stop looking in here!

Bug dog, how does your grab handles compare to your gear knob, colour wise? I've bought myself a gear knob which I'll be spraying but I know the ball is a different shade to the center console.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I need to stop looking in here!

Bug dog, how does your grab handles compare to your gear knob, colour wise? I've bought myself a gear knob which I'll be spraying but I know the ball is a different shade to the center console.

Hmmmm, not spot on but good enough for me mate.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thank you mate.

I got a couple of bits delivered to my work today, H&R 20 mm spacers and the camber bolts. :)

The spacers are such great quality, so much better than the M.A.D one's i had on the car.

20140529_185024_zpsey0d3gj6.jpg

I've also removed these two little brackets that hold the grill on, i have cleaned them up at work ready to take to the platers tomorrow morning.

20140528_175828_zpspoyuagvj.jpg

20140528_175838_zpsbzw14ibs.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
When are your B14 due Scott?

Was ment to be yesterday mate. I called Larkspeed today as id received everything else.

They gave Bilstein a call who said they where/had been having computer problems and had not received the order. :(

Anyhow the coilovers have been shipped today (so i was told) for delivery tomo, which is good as im off for 4 days. :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looking forward to our road trip to Leeds!

Me to mate, should be a good day. :D

Ahh good stuff :)

I sent off paperwork for my number plate transfer yesterday. I bet that gets completed before I get anything from AST!

I bet you are right.

Nice spacers ;)

Yes they are, very. ;)

Looks great Scott! Having had B14's on a previous 182 they compliment the car well.

That's good to here Ash, tbh im yet to here a bad word said about them.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Coilovers arrived today which was good, the only problem is that the rears don't come with any rubber bushes. :(

So ive had to buy a pair of rear cup shocks, ill remove the bushes from them and then sell them on a little bit cheaper.

20140530_141420_zpssp3dyldq.jpg

20140530_141514_zpsd6kumqdo.jpg

All fitted along with the camber bolts which i have set to max.

20140530_162045_zps8qaedwsl.jpg

20140530_162526_zpsl2tktjzx.jpg

I took the rusty brackets to the platters today at 8am and i asked him if they could be done asap. 2pm i collected them, so much better.

20140530_165058_zpsorteb2of.jpg

Another little job id been meaning to do was to open up the cold air feed to the air box pipes, there is a slot in the bumper but its blocked by the head light fixing plastic.

So out came the hole saw. :D

20140530_180124_zps32axv7si.jpg