ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great number plate!!

Cheers matey.

looks so fat from the front! :)

hope the MOT goes smoothly

I love the front of the PH1.

Thanks mate, it passed with flying colours. :race:

That plate would look perfect on my Impreza P1! ;)

Looks good where it is too tbh. lol

Im so glad i bought the plate tbh, i did have to think long and hard though but i would have been gutted if id of missed it.

After seeing a Luna grey V6 with V6 RUK it just had to be done. :)

Outstanding work!

Thank you mate. :eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ooooo nearly done, we will have to sort out some pictures soon mate!

That would be fantastic dude. :approve:

So yesterday started like this.

20140608_132926_zpsin047qmq.jpg

Running all of the cables for the amp, what a pain in the ass to do. Even more so in the baking sunshine but i got there in the end.

I decided to go with the JL's in the rear. Such a big difference to the standard speakers.

20140608_153805_zpsfv55ocwt.jpg

20140608_154237_zps7p6njlms.jpg

I finished off fitting the amp and had a play trying to set it all up for the best sound.
So far im very happy, the sound is so much better than the Renault stuff.

20140608_180517_zps4k0g7dcx.jpg

So today was the cars MOT day, the MOT ran out in November last year.

It was booked in for 9am, i shot off to Asda in my van to buy 2 trays of doughnuts (the cost to mot it with a de-cat)
Got back home and started the car only for it to turn over a little slow, thought nothing of it as id been messing with the audio for quite some time the day before.
Anyhow almost got to the mot station when the car cut out because its not been mapped yet (or so i thought) managed to re-start the car as it was rolling down hill, it didn't seem to want to turn over on the key.

Once id got to the mot station i switched it off and tried to start it again, no joy it was dead!!! :dapprove:

We had to run the car on a jump pack to get it through the MOT, the guys did a alternator test and it was dead.
I though to myself that it would be fine to drive back home as its only about 5 miles away, nope i was wrong the fcuking thing cut out on me about 3 miles from home.
I had to sit in the car for over an hr in the baking sun until i could phone the wife to come out and get me, by this time it was 12 o clock and i was getting proper pissed off.
So the misses turns up in her car, i screw the towing eye into the front of my car and connect the towing bar. I gets into her car and she sits in the Clio, i pull away and we get about 50 yards down the road and bang the fcuking towing eye pulls out of the front of the Clio and is dragging along the floor still connected to the steel towing bar.

Mother fcuking cnut!!!

We are members of the RAC but didn't want to phone them as it would have taken to long, so the call to the RAC was made.
We was told that they would be with us within an hour, yeah right more like 2 1/2 hrs standing around at the side of the road in the sun. In the end the guy arrived, fitted a new battery which had enough life in it to get me home.
He followed me then took the battery away with him.

So now i have a dead car awaiting a new alternator which ive ordered from Renault and i will be fitting it on Saturday in time for its trip to RS Tuning on the 19th.

Right now i hate this car, its being a right pain in the ass.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Thank you.

A quick picture from today.

20140608_185041_zps8gn1vmyu.jpg

This car is awesome. Just picked myself up a PH1. Booked into RS for the belts doing but my bodywork is so ropey! Two lady owners both on disability. Only 41K on the clock though and inside is immaculate. I'll be using yours as inspiration.

Spot on!!

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Not that there's anything wrong with women drivers or disabled. That sounded wrong with the way it's worded. Hope nobody takes offence

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
such a big improvement over standard aint it. got all mine sorted
got the tweeters sorted yesterday. just need an amp now

did you get the JL's from pulse in the end

Yes i did dude, bought it all from them apart from the Becker HU. :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I decided to up grade the audio in the car and being as my HU wouldn't low pass the speakers it meant that i need to run a 5 ch amp which had these controls in it.

This was my choice, no sub yet. Once what i have is fitted then i will be taking the car to the shop and trying a few subs in the boot to see what i like.

20140530_135348_zpsnjtepiua.jpg

Started to sound deaden the doors.

20140601_141520_zpsjpldf3sg.jpg

The MTX components are a little bit bigger.

20140601_142056_zps2snanc0b.jpg

20140601_142132_zpsvk1uzgci.jpg

20140601_142516_zpsdjnsa5k2.jpg

All fitted after a bit of messing about.

20140601_151615_zps0o2s6cpc.jpg

The air con has been gassed with no problems, its running at 4 deg which is nice. :D

So yesterday i wanted to get it back on its wheels as it is booked in for its MOT 1st thing Monday morning.

Slam panel fitted.

20140606_180216_zpsnoyorn4f.jpg

20140606_181738_zpsm545esje.jpg

The bonnet catch was looking a bit rusty.

20140606_185043_zpsnonpxryd.jpg

New one fitted (yes the rusty nuts will be getting replaced)

20140606_192741_zpskmkictms.jpg

It helps if you have a little 10 year old helping fit the amp power cable. :D
(what a s**t job)

20140607_171726_zpsv4asnqmo.jpg
mate them MTX components look the nuts. the size of that magnet :)

:approve:

Inferno 225 cup
Fair play Scott, this car is überly insane and I proper love it.

The titanium colour in my eyes the best to have.

Me and my dad are currently looking at a ph1 v6 in titanium as "our car "

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
You know how much I love this car and the work gone into this Scott, but i'll say it again....... Just frikking amazing, ok the alternator $hit out but you know what it is and you're like almost there, almost. Soo nice to see it back on it's wheels.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
mate them MTX components look the nuts. the size of that magnet :)

:approve:

Yep they are rather large dude and only just fit. :eek:

Fair play Scott, this car is überly insane and I proper love it.

The titanium colour in my eyes the best to have.

Me and my dad are currently looking at a ph1 v6 in titanium as "our car "

The colour is awesome in the sunshine mate, oh V6 yum yum. :cool:

You know how much I love this car and the work gone into this Scott, but i'll say it again....... Just frikking amazing, ok the alternator $hit out but you know what it is and you're like almost there, almost. Soo nice to see it back on it's wheels.

Thanks alot Rich, bloody cars. lol

After chatting with my mate at work who knows all about this project and the things that i have been doing to it, he asked me if i had cleaned off the powder coating where it meets the alternator.

So after checking for resistance i found that i had 0.2 ohms from a bolt on the engine to the battery earth lead but i had 6.8 ohms from the alternators bottom bolt to the battery earth lead.
Yeah that will be the problem then, what a dick!!!

So i have cancelled the new alt from Renault and i will pulling the car to bits on Friday after work to clean off the powder coating. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So yesterday after work the car ended up looking like this. :(

I removed the alternator, cleaned the powder coating off and then tested it with the meter.

All good and back down to 0.2 ohms and up to 14 v when running, proper pain in the ass and a problem i could have done without.

20140613_185212_zpsnp6tmktg.jpg

But these arrived at work, i ordered them 2 weeks ago from Renault but the 1st pair arrived smashed.
This pair had to come direct from France.

20140614_102717_zps2slliwv8.jpg

20140614_102704_zpso86appuh.jpg

Fitted, looking so much better.

My lights where good but the sliver backing was starting to show signs of age.

20140614_131550_zps9sxhmehu.jpg

After seeing Craig's sunflower i liked the RS badge that he had fitted to the grill.

I ordered one from Renault and set about making it fit my car.

20140614_141605_zpsqdopjveg.jpg

20140614_163044_zps2mnfilx1.jpg

20140614_163115_zpspyti01m1.jpg

20140614_163222_zpsxplp14tp.jpg

Many.
f**k sakes, theres not enough ways to say Brilliant/awesome/epic/amazing etc.

Comparing those headlights, I can see why you were being picky. Would it be too much to say silvertec bulbs? or do you want to slap me for that?

Also, you know how cars reflect the owner, everytime I see the front of your Clio, I just think of your face.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Good to hear its all sorted and mot passed. Bloody should do after all the new parts fitted!!

I must admit I'm surprised at you putting the new style badge on the grill.

Cars looking great though dude.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Can this get any better?
It's a credit to you mate.

Thank you mate, i have a few more bits that id like to do but at the moment im skint.
I think the other bits will be done over the winter months when the car will be off the road. :cool:

f**k sakes, theres not enough ways to say Brilliant/awesome/epic/amazing etc.

Comparing those headlights, I can see why you were being picky. Would it be too much to say silvertec bulbs? or do you want to slap me for that?

Also, you know how cars reflect the owner, everytime I see the front of your Clio, I just think of your face.

Do i need to give you my answer on the bulbs?!?!?! :banghead:

Oh and fecking lol's at the car and my face, not to sure on how to take that mate. :eek:

Good to hear its all sorted and mot passed. Bloody should do after all the new parts fitted!!

I must admit I'm surprised at you putting the new style badge on the grill.

Cars looking great though dude.

Yeah i know, shocking mate.

Next will be a PH2 boot, rear bumper and side strips. Flol :rasp:

Don't worry mate nothing else is going to be fitted to the car, i think its just a nice little touch.

Oh my!

nice update! Cracking work.

Cheers dude. :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The difference with the new headlights is huge!

The badge is a nice touch, I was going to do it to mine but I no longer have a grille to do it to :p

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The difference with the new headlights is huge!

The badge is a nice touch, I was going to do it to mine but I no longer have a grille to do it to :p

Thanks Tom, yes mate i thought my head lights where pretty mint until i bought these.

It is a nice touch mate, nice and subtle :)

Whats next? (Parts wise)

Hmmmm, next id like a diff but this is something that will be done over the winter months. There is a slight oil leak from the gearbox so i could kill two birds with one stone.
Id also fit a lighten steel flywheel while im there.

I want 4 pots as they look nice but as the brakes on these cars are so good then its at the bottom of my list for now.

I want to re-trim or replace the front seats at some point too. Im not going to say to much now. :quiet:

Getting there now mate, I am sure the photos don't do it justice!

All of the pictures have been taken with my S4 although today i have been bought a Canon 70D which im over the moon with. :D

Just need to learn how to use the thing now. lol :eek: