ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screw in my tyre but they cant fix because the sidewall is damaged.....???

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Basically picked up a screw soemwhere, tyre went down, but not completely flat, i drove it to garage and pumped it up and it was fine but after about 24 hours was losing pressure again so i went to get it repaired yesterday and he took it off the wheel and showed it to me and said that the inner wall was fucked.

Baically he showed me and there was a very fine line around the inside of tyre, it really didnt look very bad to me but im no expert! He basically said he couldnt repair it and i had ot have a new tyre!

So pissed of because they are toyo proxes and it had hardly any wear on it :dapprove:, probs 1.5k max!

Does this sound right to anyone, i have never heard of this before unless you obviously drive it when its fully flat!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I noticed a nail in my tyre yesterday and gotta get new rear ones (not much tread left anyway). I only had and will continue to use cheapy tyres so not as bad as you..

But to the point - the nail was around the edge and cannot be repaired either :(

Vee 6
The sidewall of any tyre flex's and any damage here can't be 100% repaired.

The constant flexing can open up any damage and render any repair useless.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
The sidewall of any tyre flex's and any damage here can't be 100% repaired.

The constant flexing can open up any damage and render any repair useless.

The nail was in the centre fo the tyre, its just that he said the wall was damaged from the pressure being so low!

Vee 6
AHhh ! Yes if it's been run flat the sidewall over heats and starts to break up, It weakens it and again any flexing on a weak sidewall will let go at some point,

Most tyre companys won't risk it, But then it's a good way to sell tyres.

Hard to say without seeing it. If he showed you a lot of rubbery dust inside the tyre then it's fecked....

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
there was some rubber crap in there yeh, not massive amounts though, but was noticable.

As my dad said to me, its £50 for a new tyre or risk a blow out and totalling your car.....

Vee 6
Good, Never take your tyres for granted, So many do, at any speed the total contact area for ALL your tyres are no bigger than a sheet of A4.

Think about that next time your doing a ton......hard to believe really

there was some rubber crap in there yeh, not massive amounts though, but was noticable.

As my dad said to me, its £50 for a new tyre or risk a blow out and totalling your car.....

Its gutting, iv just had to to fork out £105 on a new tyre as i damaged the tyre wall

Really not worth the risk

RS CLIO 197

the tyre is scrap full stop - you dont mess about with tyre side walls especially those that have been run so under-inflated the inner rubber
has burnt away - your asking for an accident if you dont !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not worth the garage's risk to fix it. A blow out could easily happen with a weakend sidewall.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Not worth it over £50, just get a new one.

I had to replace one of mine after only 90miles, thats another £140 Thank you!!