ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scuttle panel drainage....

Clio 182 Cup
Hey guys ive noticed alot of people have had a problem with soggy passenger footwells, ive got it quite bad and after searching the forum for info i first tried to locate the scuttle panel drainage hole/hose and cant see it anywhere, could anyone help me find it? thanks - Adam

Clio 182 Cup
Hi again guys, could anyone tell me how many drainage holes there are behind the scuttle panel? i can see one but its not blocked.

Da

Less
It is quite dfificult to locate, believe me!

If you stand at the front of the car looking into the engine bay you need to look kind of central between the wipers then work your way downwards. You will find a very small rubber hose protruding through the bulkhead with a kind of flap over the outlet. This is the drain from beneath the scuttle.

Hope this helps

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for the replys guys, Ive pretty much narrowed down the location of the leak i just cant pinpoint it yet. Its on the passenger side behind the glovebox area to the far left where two thin tubes comethrough the bulkhead, one of them is clear and i assume this is for the rear washer. At this point it even seems to be coming from above them. Its dark here now so im gonna resume my search tomorrow. Maybe if i take out the washer bottle from under the scuttle panel it will reveal something especially if Fred is correct in thinking there are 3 drainage holes as ive only checked the middle one. I also havnt ruled out an inner arch leak bieng the problem. Any more info would be great, Thanks!

Da

Less
One scuttle is eliminated check door seals and also inner arch liners.

Door seals are relatively cheap from renault at about £30 I think.

Clio 182 Cup
Hey guys quick update, found the leak today. Turns out that the grommit that protected the rear washer tubing as it went through the bulkhead had somehow pulled through leaving a small hole. With it bieng just above the passenger side scuttle drainage hole it took in water whenever it rained. Amazing really how much water it took im guessing the problem started a good few weeks before i noticed it. Thanks again to everyone for the replys.