ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Resistors - Aftermarket Seats

Clio 182
Right so im having trouble with getting the airbag light to go out.I have some 3.3k ohm resistors and have tried them in the plugs that are left behind after fitting the seats, and no luck. so i have cut the plugs off and stripped some of the wire back so i canget direct contact, but again no luck. So as a last ditch attempt i have wiggled the wires about and again a you can probably guess no luck.

Would this have anything to do with cutting off the micro switch? I have also tried putting a resistor between the two wires where the micro switch used to be.

Any help is gratly appreciated

Regards
iLott

d5n

RB 182 FF
Take the seatbelt pre-tensioners off the standard seats and keep them plugged in under the front seats. Thats what i did when i had fixed buckets in my Cup.

Clio 182
Sure it isnt another airbag that's bringing the light on?
Yeah im sure i have standard steering wheel the annoying thing is, i have one of those bluetooth diagnostics dongles and it blew up last night :( so i cant check if its any other airbag(whats the chances anyway?)

Clio 182
Take the seatbelt pre-tensioners off the standard seats and keep them plugged in under the front seats. Thats what i did when i had fixed buckets in my Cup.

Sorry forgot to mention i have reclining buckets and i have fitted the standard pre tensioners to the new seats

Yep same problem. Rear seat pre-tensioners out, so put 3.9m resistors in and still light is on. Put pre-tensioners back in and lights have gone out. Even having one pre-tensioner plugged in and one with resistor still no joy.

I did read on here that 3.3 and/or 3.9 ohm resistors are ok, so not sure what Iv done wrong. Noticed you are using 3.3k with still no effect!

Its bugging me too....

Clio 182
After another search, think 3.3ohm are needed :cry:

Yeah i have 3.3 and ive even checked the colour bands on themwith a little online calculator so they are right!
So annoying having little orange ligts on the dash :(

Clio 182
Nah i got mine from the bay of the flea too. i think the correct term is 3k3 which is 3.3 kilo-ohms im pretty sure 3.3 ohms isa really really small figureand i dont think you can even get resistors that small but could be wrong.

Clio 182
Yes I did he same bought some from eBay but they didn't work as they where carbon resistors... But the m3r3 work a treat
I believe i bought carbon ones now too looking back at the eBay ad. I have just bought metal film ones from eBay now because i dont live near a Maplins :(

Mk2 Ph2 172
I fitted trophy recaros so I only had to sort out the black plug for the side airbags.... As I could still use the grey plug for the seat belt pretensionors

Clio 182
I fitted trophy recaros so I only had to sort out the black plug for the side airbags.... As I could still use the grey plug for the seat belt pretensionors

Yeah same with me but I didn't fit recaros, I have mounted the seat belt pretensioners onto my new seats but on the driver side there is a micro switch (determines how far you are away from the steering wheel for the two stage airbag) riveted to the seat runners and connected up into the grey plug. What I'm wondering is what did you do with it? I just cut mine off :/

Clio 182
Yep they work, jump with joy. My closest Maplins had sld out so had to drive to 5 miles to the next one, took the RS4, so cost me about 8 quid in Fuel, think there official the most expensive resistors....

Wht did you do with the micro switch namakubi?

Clio 182
I only did the rear seats, not got to the fronts yet as I have no frame mounts. Im tackling the steering wheel tonight...
You're doing the wheel tonight??bit late isnt it? haha, what have you put in the back thrn? Or have you just stripped them out?

You're doing the wheel tonight??bit late isnt it? haha, what have you put in the back thrn? Or have you just stripped them out?

Well I started on the car about 6pm and started faffing about, got as far as removing the steering wheel. I broke one of the air bag resistors so need to find a way to attached the resistors too. I might go back into the Man Cave and have another attempt.

The car is for the track so totally stripped out. No seats in the back and no seat belt pre-tensioners. Just wires left loose with the resistors taped in.

Clio 182
Well I started on the car about 6pm and started faffing about, got as far as removing the steering wheel. I broke one of the air bag resistors so need to find a way to attached the resistors too. I might go back into the Man Cave and have another attempt.

The car is for the track so totally stripped out. No seats in the back and no seat belt pre-tensioners. Just wires left loose with the resistors taped in.
So what seats have you got coming for the front? Im guessing some sort of fixed bucket :) also what steering wheel have you got?

I already have Recaro Pole Positions that I had in the Audi, just need to find the right subframe for them to fit
th_DSC01311.jpg

They do slide, however I may have to have them fixed if they sit to high.

Steering wheel is the Sabelt one from Ktec http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4269&appid=2

Clio 182
I ordered from their website mate next day delivery

I already have Recaro Pole Positions that I had in the Audi, just need to find the right subframe for them to fit
th_DSC01311.jpg

They do slide, however I may have to have them fixed if they sit to high.

Steering wheel is the Sabelt one from Ktec http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4269&appid=2

Very nice, I love the sabelt steering wheel! My only quibble is that it's blue on top, although I've seen a grey/silver one! That was such a sexy wheel, know where I can get a silver/grey one?

Clio 182
I think thats what colour they go after a year or so, as they fade and look Grey. I could be wrong..

The blue ones may fade but the one I saw was definitely meant to be grey it was more silver but obviously it's suede so wasn't shiny

Clio 182
Right so i now have metal film resistors and guess what still have those annoying little lights. iive also connected the micro switch back up and still hasnt made a difference. im getting really fed up niw so any help to try and get this sorted is greatly appreciated!

Mk2 Ph2 172
If you were closer to me I would off pop round and plugged into your car and see what air bag is bringing up the fault... Then go from there

find someone near you that might be able to do that at the moment your just wasting your time