ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Resistors - Aftermarket Seats

Clio 182
If you were closer to me I would off pop round and plugged into your car and see what air bag is bringing up the fault... Then go from there

find someone near you that might be able to do that at the moment your just wasting your time
I have one of those bluetooth diagnostics and an android tablet, and thats not bringing up any faults. obviously your diagnostics is going to be a lot better. im getting rather annoyed now.

Under the seats, the black connectors, you need to bridge the two coloured wires in each. The black wire is simply an earth.

Did you say you'd left the pretensioners connected up?

Clio 182
Under the seats, the black connectors, you need to bridge the two coloured wires in each. The black wire is simply an earth.

Did you say you'd left the pretensioners connected up?
Yeah i know that part, i have cut the connectors off to get a better connection to the wires, i have the coloured wires cinnected to eachither on each side. the blacks are just left loose. i have the pretensioners on the seats currently untill i get harnesses. i did cut the micro switch off and had the wires loose but i have taken it off the old runners now and re connected it, like i said still no luck.

Hmm. Strange. Have you tried disconnecting the grey connectors and putting resistors in them?
So you can remove the possibility of it being a problem with the Pre-tensioners.

Doubt it'd be the position sensors. most people cut them off iirc.

I have put up a full picture guide in the guides section, but you have to be a full member to view it.
Although doubt it'd be much help for your situation tbh.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Hmm. Strange. Have you tried disconnecting the grey connectors and putting resistors in them?
So you can remove the possibility of it being a problem with the Pre-tensioners.

I have put up a full picture guide in the guides section, but you have to be a full member to view it.
may have to rule out the pre tensioners tomorrow.

Clio 182

Doubt it'd be the position sensors. most people cut them off iirc.

I have disconnected the pre tensioners and tried resistors in them, and as luck would have it, they didn't work. Also checked the colour bands on the resistors and they are correct 3.3k ohms. HOW ANNOYING!

Have you tried to put it all back as it was to see if the lights go out? Maybe try one side at a time to eliminate any possible problem. I did this, and it turned out fine (I had the carbon not metal Resistors).

Clio 182
Have you tried to put it all back as it was to see if the lights go out? Maybe try one side at a time to eliminate any possible problem. I did this, and it turned out fine (I had the carbon not metal Resistors).
But thats big effort taking the seats out again and putting the old onesback in.

LY Megane R26
I'm having roughly the same problems, and rather than posting a new thread I thought I would just highjack this one:)

Its a 172 Cup so not sure if slighty different.

I have fitted to my car a Sabelt steering wheel which I placed two 3.3ohm resistor's between the two airbag connections I doubled over the resistors to make a good connection.
My car is also stripped out at the rear so I have placed two more 3.3ohm resistors on the two rear seatbelt pretensioners.
I have also fitted aftermarket Bimarco Futura seats not using the orignal seatbelts and harnesses instead.

On the drivers side, one resistor is connected between the ORANGE & BROWNwire's on the BLACK/RED plug. Once the resistor was placed into these connections I used a meter which read 3.3ohms between the connections. Which I take it, it has made a good connection?
The other resistor was placed between the ORANGE & BROWN wire's again on the GREY plug. I cut off this plug from these wires to get a better connection using a coch block. Once the resistor was placed into these connections I used a meter which also read 3.3ohms between the connections.
As shown below:
ffe745d2.jpg

f527387e.jpg

The passenger side was done exaclty the same and 3.3ohm was read between the connections.
d7feb358.jpg

The rear seatbelt pretensioners where also tested and read 3.3ohm between them so these must also be working correctly?

Now I have done all the above and followed all the guides and my light is still on! I turn the car on and it comes on, goes off and then comes back on!
Only thing I can think of is;
1. The ECU needs a reset (but I'm sure they reset them selfs)
2. The grey plug on the passenger side needs more reistors as theres a few more cables?
3. The steering wheel airbags are not being "shorted" out as I cant test them using a meter (no connections to test)

Any help would be appreciated:)

Just to edit, is there anyway I could have blown it up fiddling with them to turn the light out whilst the car is running?

Nah you wouldn't have blown anything up I doubt.
You are correct, if all done as should, light will just go out, no need for reset.

The other wires on the grey connector on the driver side, are purely two for Seatbelt warning beeper, and another two for the seat position sensor, neither of which trigger the light as far as I am aware..

LY Megane R26
Not sure what I'm doing wrong then:/
might be the fact some of the resistors are a light blue and some are dark blue. But all of them are Orange, orange, black, silver then brown:/

Trafic 140dci
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but i've done the same as Scott and i still have airbag lights on, and as you say when you start it up they briefly don't come on then they do, what have i done wrong :S

Clio 182
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but i've done the same as Scott and i still have airbag lights on, and as you say when you start it up they briefly don't come on then they do, what have i done wrong :S

I still haven't got mine sorted. Tried 3 different type of resistors so am just trying to find someone who wants to turn mine out who has a CLIP for some beer tokens.

Clio 182
Why are you guy's messing about ive just done this and it takes
minutes to reconfig the airbag module with the clip!!

Cant you just visit someone with the necessary diagnostic software!

Yeah but it's like £75 from Renault and £25-40 from Rentech, have you got CLIP?

Megane F1 230 R26
Yeah but it's like £75 from Renault and £25-40 from Rentech, have you got CLIP?

Well it would be very interesting with the guy who put the pre-tensioners under the seat!!
Let hope he not involved in a impact!!

Clio 182
Well it would be very interesting with the guy who put the pre-tensioners under the seat!!
Let hope he not involved in a impact!!

Hah yeah I haven't done that! Still using mine at the moment, so how much would you charge to turn out my airbag light then bud?

Megane F1 230 R26
Hah yeah I haven't done that! Still using mine at the moment, so how much would you charge to turn out my airbag light then bud?

Sorry mate forgot about this post! prob charge the same as rentech and it would be abit of a journey from newbury!
If rentech could do it for £25 well worth it!