ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Security in iphone 4

182, turbo rx8, 911
If you have passcode enabled the device is it possible to retrieve data from the phone without knowing the the code?

I don't want to this, just wondering if you had the tools if it could be done. Ie if I lost my phone and it happened to fall in the hands of someone with some dev tools could it be hacked?

Last edited:
  320d M Sport
Someone told me the other day that there is an official Apple app for just this occasion. Apparently it lets you remotely wipe, lock or change details on your iphone should you lose it? Can anyone substantiate that or is my mate talking balls?

182, turbo rx8, 911
Not if they turn the iphone off though! It has to have celluar data enabled.

Just wondering if it can be done if passcode isn't held

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm sure with enough time, effort and expertise, anything can be acheived. However, there are 2 questions I would ask.

1. Is the type of scrote that would pinch an ip4 likely to have access to these resources, or the inclination. Or is his he merely concerned with being the coolest guy in the dole queue.

2. Why would anyone go to the bother? Unless you are some international man of mystery, what could you possibly have on your phone that would be of interest? For a foreign power to mount a covert operation to steal said ip4, then decode a 4 digit lock (surely a million combinations!), it must be pretty tasty. Or nude pics of a female relative.

I'm sure with enough time, effort and expertise, anything can be acheived. However, there are 2 questions I would ask.

1. Is the type of scrote that would pinch an ip4 likely to have access to these resources, or the inclination. Or is his he merely concerned with being the coolest guy in the dole queue.

2. Why would anyone go to the bother? Unless you are some international man of mystery, what could you possibly have on your phone that would be of interest? For a foreign power to mount a covert operation to steal said ip4, then decode a 4 digit lock (surely a million combinations!), it must be pretty tasty. Or nude pics of a female relative.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
When you forget the code (if your running 4.1 software) you can press emergency calls on the unlock pad the hash then ring then the lock button on the top and it bypasses the keypad lock and lets you access the contact list

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
When you forget the code (if your running 4.1 software) you can press emergency calls on the unlock pad the hash then ring then the lock button on the top and it bypasses the keypad lock and lets you access the contact list

Meh. 4.2.1 is the latest version, if you arent running that you are a pikey.

The only problem with the find my phone app is that the misses or girlfriend can see where you are at any given time.

Mind, I doubt that will bother many on CS.