ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seeing this everyday makes me sad...

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII

waste.jpg

... =(

The guy who owns it is about 65, and uses it to cart his garden equipment about. I can imagine the conversation at the Renault garage;

Old dude: Yeah, I need something to cart my garden crap about
Renault: How about a trusty clio?! (blocking the custs vision of the kangoos)
Old dude: Well okay, I need it in postbox red, no other colour is worthy of my ownership
Renault: Well... to be honest, we only have this Renault Sport Clio Trophy. It's 1 of 400, limited edition top of the range. If you have a look at the gorgeous int..
Old dude: I'll take it, it's red ain't it? (turns to wife) ...aint it? Add a towbar for me, and don't worry about the stonechips, our 56 children will be running around it throwing rocks at each other anyway, you know what kids are like.

M2 Competition
Lol, he probably asked for a clio, wanted a nippy one for towing, and liked the seats! Sooo many old people own ctr's near me.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
I would bet the rest of my wages for the rest of my life that he's never been over 3,000 revs, or 60mph. And that's if and when he uses it.

BMW 330D
leave a note on the windscreen saying "wtf are u usin a soon to be (if not already) collectors car to tow a trailor with. Get urself a laguna but jus dont do it on a special edition bloody clio"

BMW 330D
but it shudnt happen!. jus look how crap it looks!. i jus cudnt do tht to a sport clio, its jus wrong so wrong :cry:

M2 Competition
End of the day, everyones entitled to own whatever car they like. Theres probably plenty of people that think some of you guys dont drive your cars hard/ often enough.

Plenty of cars in the world to go round guys!

al

ST on the way...
OMFG!!! aaaaaaggghhhhhh!!!!!! :S

Guy is right tho, doesn't have a stated towing weight in the handbook on any RS.

tiTTy & SV650
yeah totally illegal, if he gets pulled its marked on the engine plate zero tow rating, fool!

whoever fitted it is a cowboy and how the fook is it strong enough?! butchers

ST
Peperami said:
End of the day, everyones entitled to own whatever car they like. Theres probably plenty of people that think some of you guys dont drive your cars hard/ often enough.

Plenty of cars in the world to go round guys!

Miss you dan!!

Lots of Alfas
Yeah isnt there something that doesnt allow 182s to tow, they are not certified for it, Im sure I read it before somewhere on this forum. So it will invalidate his insurance etc

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
R20 CWH said:
itd be ideal to buy it off him if he treats like a baby performance wise

:race:

Only if I get his runrig and daniel O' Donnell CD's as a free option.