ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seeing this everyday makes me sad...

I hate seeing towbars on really nice cars (or sporty cars), it's so wrong despite what rex thinks! I don't understand the mentality. I'd grass him up or stick a note on his windscreen with details showing it's illegal.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Peperami said:
500 were made for the uk, and 25 were made for switzerland (of all places)

551 actually :rasp:

501 for the UK (000 - 500)
50 for Switzerland

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Why dont you ask him to sell it to you, but be "his mate" and advise him that hes towing illegally and he could/will get into grief with the long arm of the law if he continues to use it for towing. If he wants a car for towing, I suggest you obtain a top spec hefty diesel and ask him to trade, or ask him what car "he'd like"

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
:rasp: Any better?

Attachments

• waste2.jpeg
    waste2.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 131
  Lionel Richie
thats nothing, there's a woman round this way that tows (no joke) a horse box trailer behind her 172, I s**t YOU NOT!!!!

there was a fella on here that towed his motorbike behind his 172 aswell

172 Cup
If i were his grandson i would be getting the will filled out, then wait for him to snuff it :dead: . I expect its in real good mechanical condition. keep an eye out for the for-sale sign!!

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
Peperami said:
Lol, he probably asked for a clio, wanted a nippy one for towing, and liked the seats! Sooo many old people own ctr's near me.

best people to buy the door wedges(ctr):)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Richard clio cup said:
sorry what forum are you on again:)

Er a Clio forum.... :p

All im saying is so what is the problem?

How many Cup owners take there car on track? Not 100% of them.... There for should they sell there car?

Like i said its a clio.... not a Enzo!

I would be more impressed with a 182 towing a Jet Ski worth 9k..... Would that still be a crime????

Yup who gives a s**t at the end of the day apart from a handfull of Clio super car believers.

At least his modification is unique ;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Day said:
Yup who gives a sh*t at the end of the day apart from a handfull of Clio super car believers.

At least his modification is unique ;)

Suppose it would be the best modification if it had a carbon splitter and some 172 Cup wheels sprayed black, aint seen that done before......

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Clio G-B said:
^^ Yes only 500 Trophy were made

550 in total, 500 for the uk and 50 for the swiss market. were meant to only be 25 but they produced an extra 25 lefties.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Little Newms said:
Er a Clio forum.... :p

All im saying is so what is the problem?

How many Cup owners take there car on track? Not 100% of them.... There for should they sell there car?

Like i said its a clio.... not a Enzo!

I would be more impressed with a 182 towing a Jet Ski worth 9k..... Would that still be a crime????

At the end of the day most people are only stating the fact that it is illegal to tow with it!

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
Little Newms said:
Suppose it would be the best modification if it had a carbon splitter and some 172 Cup wheels sprayed black, aint seen that done before......

what car you got little newms

133/225/CLS AMG
I know its 'only a Clio' but it really is a shame to see that car being used as a work horse. Its a car that a lot of people would love to own, its a limited edition so a lot of those people will never get to own one!!!
Its just totally wasted on the guy that bought it, why didn't he get a Clio dci van or something???

Lets hope someone points out the illegal aspect of it and he sells it too someone who'll appreciate it for what it is.

CB600FS
Can anyone explain the "Towing capacity/weight" on the oval plate to me please, which bit is it?

Just interested

551, as Cue says maybe a few more prototypes, test rigs, blah blah, a few have shrink-wrapped trees by now so probably down to around 530 already.

I wonder if the Renault salesman sold him Pilot Exaltos for the trailer? Might not affect the cornering too much.

Richard clio cup said:
what car you got little newms

If memory serves he had one of those shitty Cups and has a V6 knocking about in his garage somewhere at home.

He couldnt be more right... ITS JUST A FRICKING CLIO. JESUS. get over it.

As for those talking about grassing the old guy up to the law.... are you the kinda people that look over the fence at the neighbours to see if they are watering the plants on a hose pipe ban and grass em. or better yet, i bet you use to spot a car with no tax on your road and ring up the dvla and tell em.

:rasp: