ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seeking Guidance - Steering Rack won't line back up, any tips?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of replacing my subframe as I managed to bend the original one going over a curb in the snow. I've used the opportunity to upgrade all the front bushings to powerflex black and fit a new starter motor, fit s 182 manifold and link pipe.

Now I've got the old subframe off, 182 manifold on and starter motor etc and I'm now in the process of trying to bolt up the steering rack (which has also had new bushes) to the subframe. It seems like the whole steering rack needs to come down and left about an inch each way, but it will non budge for love nor money? We have had the rack disconnected from the column and redid this before bolting the rack to subframe, would this cause issues?

Until I get this steering rack aligned I'm dead in the water another week, already been two weeks without the car and im missing it like mad!!

Thanks in Advance!

Ryan

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Had a bit of a thought on this one... If I disconnected the rack from the column, is there any free play left to right on the column? Don't want to disconnect it and bolt the rack to the subframe if I'm then stuck with the steering column having the same issue!