ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized Track Rod Ends!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Does anybody have any tips to removing/adjusting seized track rod ends.

Now i'm running quite a bit of negative camber on the front wheels, i've now got lots of tow in so i have tryed adjusting the trackrod ends and they are seized onto the arms.

Have i missed somthing like a grub screw or bolt to loosen before i can adjust it?

I've tryed drenching them in WD40 but with no luck.

Thanks

Mk5 golf gti
adjustable spanner on the securing nut behind the end and hit with a hammer

simples

TrackCar & F30 330d
undo the large securing nut and man up

other than that grind them off and fit new ones (greased)

Hmmm this is where i could have failed, i didnt see the securing nut as i thought it was just part of the track rod. I will attempt to man up now and give it another go.

I can get it out of the hub, but cant spin the arm.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well the track rod ends have fully welded themselfs onto the arms. So i'll have to cut them off and buy new ones.

Tut!

172 ph1
I managed to get mine off by going to garage where they used a oxygen-acetylene burner to heat up the piece, before getting it off.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I had this problem with my valver, looked almost like theyd never been replaced!!

used a blow torch and heated them up,
then a large pipe wrench and a hammer,

eventually i won the battle and they started to turn!!