ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SELF SERVICE - BOOK STAMP PROTOCOL

Clio 182 arctic
Hi all

I've had the 182 now for 9 and a half years. loved every minute of it. I know the car inside and out and do 95% of the work on it myself - bar belts.

I have generally taken it for a paid service when its due just to get the book stamped. I currently have only 1 space left for a service and can't really stomach paying anymore taking it somewhere for what amounts to an oil change and filter swap. I have decided to not get the book stamped this time and have given it a good self service.
How do people that do self servicing go about proving it sort of thing? I am planning on keeping the receipt for the bits and writing self service on the stamp space and noting whats been done.
I genuinely believe I will keep the car til it dies or is worth newt anyway tbh. 04 182 130k miles - probably worth close to newt anyway.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I wouldn't worry about it. Just do like you've said, keep the receipts of the bits and fill in the info in the booklet. Also like you've said it isn't going be worth much when selling it and if you're just planning on keeping it till it's dead then there is no problem.

I plan keeping my little 1.2 till it dies as it's worth bugger all. I've had it 13 years and do everything myself, don't have a service book and never bother keeping receipts either. I just make a little note on a document on the computer of what was done and when.

I just keep the receipts and invoices. I noticed on Euro Car Parts invoices it even included your reg number if you entered it into their website. Therefore it ties the invoice to the car.

26906374751_8ffe924f12_c-jpg.jpg

?

monaco 172
I wouldn't worry too much, these cars are worth next to nowt now anyway. If I was buying I'd happily buy based on a pile of receipts rather than some stamps to say it's had an oil change.