ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell the 200T for a 182?

Clio 200T
Basically I've always wanted one since my first car which was a ph2 1.2 expression.

Fancy something cheaper than the 200T. Has to be a really really well spec 182 or perfect 172. Also want low milage which is a bit harder to find.

Anything I should look for?

Found this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...1500/keywords/182/model/clio/page/4?logcode=p

Only 40,000 miles, lowest milage one I could find and actually looks quite nice, believe it has both cup packs?

Would absolutely love a 182 Trophy but most I can find are highly milage.

Thing is I like mucking around with my cars ect and that something you cant do with the 200T yet, barely anything available for it yet.

Someone tell me I'm mad or find me a really nice PH2 for sale, trade only!

Nissan 350z
The build quality has come along way in the 15yrs or so since the mk2 was created, you will notice this more so now coming from your perspective so bare that in mind. If your using it as a daily drive this will become especially noticeable in the "guess the squeek/rattle" game on your commute.

As for what to get well thats down to budget, when you get to Trophy level you also have 197's in the same price range.

Clio 200T
The build quality has come along way in the 15yrs or so since the mk2 was created, you will notice this more so now coming from your perspective so bare that in mind. If your using it as a daily drive this will become especially noticeable in the "guess the squeek/rattle" game on your commute.

As for what to get well thats down to budget, when you get to Trophy level you also have 197's in the same price range.

Only got rid of my 200 less than 2 months ago lol.

Clio 200T
Cheaper to run or did you buy your 200T on finance?

Yeah the T is on PCP, hence why I would need a clio on trade, so I could pay it off in 12 months or so then its mine.

Or I could just sell the T privately, but I cant be bothered with the hassle really.

Seen that one, really nice.. shame about the colour though.

So you are looking for a trader who has a 182 to sell to pay off your finance and take the 200T on?

Might be a possibility but most traders with £3000-£4000 cars wont want to take on such an expensive car.

Maybe try K-tec Racing based in Blandford. They sell Renaultsport Clio's and Megane's and they may take your 200T on as a project like they've done before.

182 Trophy & Megabusa
You are mad! :p

182's will always be a great drive but it'll feel really really basic now after ownership of a 200T and a 200. I had a Trophy as you know which was fantastic but I don't think I could own one now after a 200T and a Megane 250. Looked at Cliosports when I got rid of the Megane for a cheaper runaround a while back but went for a Cooper S - i've had 2 of them, nicer all round car than a 182, better driving position, more to fiddle with, really cheap, really easy to make look good and you get an awesome sound - 210bhp with a £200 pulley. I've had 2 :) This is all in my opinion of course.

I wouldn't get rid of the 200T so soon though! Problem is, if you have to trade you'll get really bad money trading for something 1/4 of the price.

Flame red 200t
its your choice which direction you go in but don’t let mods put you off..

ITG have an induction kit which is now on sale and sounds the nuts
Multiple Zaushts available ( my choice would be scorpion with a de cat sounds great)
KW have coilovers
HR have springs and all other providers are about a month away from general realise of suspension Kits, on top of that most of the mappers are there now with the Maps I know RS tuning are now mapping 200t's and so are a lot of the other tuners so lots happing..

I’d suggest keeping it a little longer unless you need the money freed up in the finance then go for the 182 .:D

Clio 172 Flamer

Guess the squeak/rattle game - don't knock it ;)

Keeps things very interesting for the duration of the commute.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe an R27/197 would be an easier downsize? Crap gearboxes and MPG but at least newer than a 182.