ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Server 2008 [auto boot]

I have a machine running a PBX on Server '08. The problem is, if we have a power cut the machine will stay off until powered up manually (so this could be overnight), then displays the 'Windows error recovery' screen.

1. Is there a way to make the machine boot up automatically once power is restored?
  2. Is there a way to disable the 'Windows error recovery screen' after the machine is unexpectedly turned off (power cut)?

It's not a huge problem as all calls will divert if the machine is offline, but I'd rather the PC be online when it can.

mgd

Clio 182
Not invest in a UPS? And have it connected to the server via USB cable that will initiate a proper shutdown should the UPS get low on power.

We've only had 2-3 power cuts in the last 2 years, but a UPS makes sense.

mgd, any model in particular you recommend?

DCi
Check the BIOS, boot on power after reset iirc.

I use this in kiosks quite a lot with little mini itx mobos

I've can't remember setting this on a server bios but I'm sure it will there somewhere

but I've always had ups and no problems

340i
As above...

Invest in a decent APC UPS.

Check BIOS options for boot after restart, power loss etc.

'05 BG RS182 FF
We've only had 2-3 power cuts in the last 2 years, but a UPS makes sense.

mgd, any model in particular you recommend?

APC (as suggested above).

What model you go for depends on your requirements. Check how much power the PC requires (plus anything else you wanted to attach) and spec the device accordingly.

You don't want to overspec it as it's a waste of money and energy.

In answer to the question about preventing the recovery screen. You need to edit the boot options for an elevated command prompt.

C:\> bcdedit /set {current} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures