ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service History and the trade

TTRS & V50
Is it me or do the majority of the trade not understand FULL SERVICE HISTORY.

The concept of 12k or 12months (EP3), whichever comes first seems to be a hard concept to understand.

The amount of advertisements that say FSH and haven't got FSH is ridiculous, yet they are in the trade and they have been doing it for years.. I really have lack of respect for the trade sometimes.

I'm DEFINITELY not taring everyone with the same brush here, just sayin'.

As a rule of thumb - most dealers are lying idiots who have no idea about the product they're selling. Keep that in mind and you'll never be surprised.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
As a rule of thumb - most dealers are lying idiots who have no idea about the product they're selling. Keep that in mind and you'll never be surprised.

Funny but true, worst are the car supermarket sales guys. Although you do occasionally come cross an independent that has some interest in cars and knows what they are talking about.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
This is where dealer principals in dealer networks are going wrong. They're employing staff who don't know anything about the industry or the product but are good at blagging a sale.

Much too focused on short term wins instead of long term profitability and providing a high quality, informed service to customers.

Titanium 182
Is it me or do the majority of the trade not understand FULL SERVICE HISTORY.

The concept of 12k or 12months (EP3), whichever comes first seems to be a hard concept to understand.

The amount of advertisements that say FSH and haven't got FSH is ridiculous, yet they are in the trade and they have been doing it for years.. I really have lack of respect for the trade sometimes.

I'm DEFINITELY not taring everyone with the same brush here, just sayin'.

In the hunt for my 182 I phoned over 10 dealers up who stated FSH, only to find that 1 of those cars had actually had a FSH, the rest just tried to fob me off with "doesnt need changing for another 10k miles" and all that bs

RB 182 FF cup pack
Going back afew years before i bought the 182 i went down my local renault dealership to look at a sliver 172cup the salesman who took me for a test drive didn't have a clue, he knew nothing about the spec differences between cup and FF! Waste of time some traders!

Clio 200 Cup
I've been on some cringeworthy test drives where I've asked a simple question about the car and the salesman has replied "I don't know, I'm not a mechanic"

WTF are these people doing selling cars if they know nothing about them?

A friend of mine came very close to buying a new 5 series BMW. He was genuinely interested to know if the new generation engines have chain-driven cam shafts so asked the salesman - who looked back at him like he was actually from mars.

I don't expect to be sold a car by an automotive engineer, but I don't feel comfortable handing my £xxK over to a degenerate bin-dipper in a suit.

A lack of knowledge is one thing - just tell me you don't know the answer but say you'll find out. It's the utter lies that these muppets can come out with that gets my a*se twitching like a rabbits nose.

And relax.

TTRS & V50
Glad others are noticing it. Shame 90% of AT is trade too.

Been nearly 3 months since I sold the 172. Never been without a car this long in 7 years.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not as bad as dealers making up Service History.

I know our local motorbike dealer does as I sold them a bike with none, and it suddenly has a fully stamped book...

172 Cup
Not as bad as dealers making up Service History.

I know our local motorbike dealer does as I sold them a bike with none, and it suddenly has a fully stamped book...

I've had a bike dealer do exactly the same to me.
I was in getting a trade in price, mentioned that it didn't have FSH as I serviced it myself. He told me it wasn't a problem, it looked clean so he'd stamp the book up and sell it on as FSH.

Thankfully the dealer in question has got rid of him and the incompetent mechanic they had so its safe to use them again!