ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service intervals (Renault are confusing)

Golf GTD Mk7
My bro has a service due on his 56plate mk3 dci. It's on 74k. What's due?

I rang two dealers, 1 said all fluids and filters, the other said timing belt. The first one said belts were 6years or 96k. Please can someone clear this up. The service book tells you nothing.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Cambelt is due at 72k so overdue

the rest depends on what has been done at previous services, and when. service interval for diesels is 12k, for non sport petrol's it's 18k

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'll get an up to date schedule. Sometimes they're different for the same car on different years. 197 has loads of differences to the 200

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Dont have the mk3 dci schedule right now. Should have it monday, but as an example of the contradiction, a 197 cambelt is 5 years or 72k, and a 200 is 6 years or 72k. Identical engines, but they've switched to 24 month servie intervals. I'd always recommend doing more than the schedules say anyway. Apparently the airfilter only needs doing avery 24k, but it's always filthy after less than 12k, and it's hardly bank breaking

3 MPS, MX5
When should the cambelt be changed on a 2.0L non sport 56 plate Clio III, 5 or 6 years?

i beleive around 2005 non sport clios moved to 1yr or 12k but then at some point they then put them back to 2yrs or 18k. my 2010 dci is 2yrs/18k
They did this for emmisions/profit for dealers. After all new cars only went into dealers once in 3 years. This way they had to do 3 times