ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Price + brakes question

Been phoning round the local dealers and the best price i've got for a minor service on a 1.2 is £168. Would it be worth it or shall i just take it to a normal garage? I was going to do this anyway but I have a strange intermitent braking problem so I want renault to look at that as they have the right equipment etc. Just not sure as a local garage could probably do it alot cheaper.

The problem with the brakes is that sometimes when im braking gently i get a vibrating sound (not grinding but sounds similar to ABS) and I can feel the pedal vibrating also. Ive checked the discs and cannot see anything ovbious and the pads aren't worn. Someone suggested it could be rust on the discs but it doesnt happen all the time and it doesnt just happen when I first start driving, I could have braked many times before it does it. Also when braking harder (not planting) I can feel something through the pedal as if its crunching something, the harder I press it the more it does it. The brakes appear to work fine though. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

A4 Avant & A3
When i had a 1.2 dynamique my first / only service cost me £140 from Renault i think.
I've got a 172 now & fingers crossed it's not gonna cost me £220!!! hell....

IAssuming its the 18K I'd expect to pay £100~£130. The 54k is £150~170 as they have to do some other little things.
The brakes sounds liek the pads arn't sitting right i'd take the wheels of clean the pads etc up and if necessary replace the pads. its easy to change pads no need to pay Renault to do it.

It had its 36k major last year and is now on 47, just thought id get it done b4 its MOT. Wouldn't the brake problem be all the time if the pads weren't right? Yeah i could change them myself but I though it was a more serious problem. Think ill take it to a local garage I can trust to get it serviced, it was renault who fit the pads last time. Im in Blackburn Lancs clarkie