ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

servicing for the g/f’s 172

FRS Mk3 Red edition

quick question for you guys

the 172 is 12 months old and done 8000 miles, does it need servicing?i am getting a mixed reaction from renault dealers who say "it is 12000 miles or 24 months" and other dealers are saying it needs servicing now?

also the price for the service varies wildly between dealerships ranging from Renault Digbeth £202 (robbing B******DS) to £148 @ renault wolverhampton.

I believe its 12K or 24months (other clios 18K, 24months), does say in the service book.

I actually got mine serviced at 12month and only 10K but this was before the Euro trip and didnt want to go over the allowed mileage warranty limits, however, I didnt and would have worked out better if I serviced it when I got back.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Comforting to know you had nice clean oil and filter for those autobahns though Tony.... I reckon you made the right decision.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive asked at my local dealer for a price. Was also £148 for an A service, which seems cheap compared to prices quoted by other members.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 07 May 2003

Comforting to know you had nice clean oil and filter for those autobahns though Tony.... I reckon you made the right decision.
Very true Mike, that was one of the reasons I decided to get it done before (and another was that it broke down last year on the Clipsport Euro trip :cry:)

Just had mine serviced, cost £170 and has done just under 12000miles and is 14 months old.

Service is 12000m or two years whatever comes first

Renault put a sticker in saying next service due at 24000m or May 2005

Viv :)

Ive just phoned renault customer services as my 172 is 1 yr old and has done 7000 miles. They confirmed that it is 12000 miles or 24months and said if the dealers have a problem they should phone customer services who will confirm what I was told. They wouldnt however give me a letter confirming what they are telling me down the phone line.

Quote: Originally posted by PaulG on 07 May 2003

They wouldnt however give me a letter confirming what they are telling me down the phone line.
They sent me an e-mail confirming this :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 07 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by PaulG on 07 May 2003

They wouldnt however give me a letter confirming what they are telling me down the phone line.
They sent me an e-mail confirming this :)
ditto

Quote: Originally posted by andysport on 07 May 2003

My dealer said 18000 of 2 years.
erm no, not according to Ren uk and the handbook. Some of the Clios are 18000 thou but not the 172.

My dealer got it wrong, then I showed em the e-mail and handbook. Doh!:p