ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing....!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I have my car booked in for a service with a guy called Kenneth Brown (alot of the scottish boys will be familliar with him and his garage)

He has quoted me £120 for a service? The car (My Phase 1 172) is on 54,000 miles so itll just be a general service (Oil and petrol filter, changed oil, spark plugs etc) Is there anything else i should ask him to check and or change whilst its in?

Im led to beleive he is one of the best in Scotland, i can only assume that he is good as there was an Audi RS6 up on the ramps aswell as a Subaru RB320 so he must be getting it right, any of the scottish boys had dealings with him? Its the first time ive used him :eek:

Regards, Dan

clio 172 sport ph2
Not atall, especially as Renault wanted £180 with me supplying the parts, id love to know where they pull there prices from:S

yeah they seem pretty expensive for alot of things

i'm getting my 172 serviced for 'mates rates' and it cost me around 120 for all the essentials, so the garage sounds like a good deal mate! :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well as said he comes highly recommended from people all around scotland with a whole array of performance cars, this coupled with the fact that i wouldnt trust Renault to diagnose a luminated petrol light tbh

I think £120 seems no bad then

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^Possibly mate, but if you were ever heading down this way for whatever reason and it tied in with needing a service then it might be convienient eh?

He says he will only need the car for about 3 hours which is fair play!

Genuine NGK plugs: £35-40
Decent Oil: £30-40
Oil filter £5.00
Air filter: £8.00?
Fuel filter: £8.00?

£30 labour? I wouldn't get out of bed for that tbh.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Ive used him but was shocked to see that he hadnt changed my aux belt in my major service:eek: was half way back to aberdeen when i noticed! good price but when you miss something simple like that you wonder if the cambelt is done properley?

Everyone else ive spoken to rate him well tho.

Ive used him but was shocked to see that he hadnt changed my aux belt in my major service:eek: was half way back to aberdeen when i noticed! good price but when you miss something simple like that you wonder if the cambelt is done properley?

Everyone else ive spoken to rate him well tho.

So who you using now for servicing ?

Ecka stewart motors ? :rasp: