ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock Horror, Sir_Dave buys a Diseaseal ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Do you think you'll map it at any stage...???

Was tempted earlier on in the month, but decided against it for the time being! The extra power would be nice, but then it would be similar pace to the Trophy, which would kind of defeat the point of a 'quicker' car for the weekends ...

So, after removing the swirl flaps, swopping oil breather, pollen/air/fuel filter etc last month, i finally got around to doing the oil service on Saturday. Nothing unusual about that really, except that well, a 320d takes 5.5 litres of oil to do a change, but the dumbar5e that serviced it last had overfilled it a wee bit. Ok, so thats a lie, the car was positively swimming in oil, i got 6.8 litres out of it!!!

Now filled up with 5.5 litres of Castrol's finest, and seeming to run a little nicer. Placebo FTW. I also cleaned it, purely as i had forgotten it was blue, & Sarah told me that as its a nice car (unlike the clio apparently) i have to take good car of it :cool:

Mild whoring.

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Should finally get my plate on it this week as well, which will obviously make it 1 million times better :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Proper rep mobile now with that Plate.

I was never a fan of borders/badges on no plates though. Plain FTW.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Proper rep mobile now with that Plate.

I was never a fan of borders/badges on no plates though. Plain FTW.

I R Financial Sales Rep, so its ok ;)

Know what you mean about the plates, but we go over to Europe a fair bit & well, my cars never clean so the stick on GB badge would scratch the paint ...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I R Financial Sales Rep, so its ok ;)

Know what you mean about the plates, but we go over to Europe a fair bit & well, my cars never clean so the stick on GB badge would scratch the paint ...

I actually thought that mate after I posted, I remember you mentioning it before.

F*ck off!! LOL!! ;)
He's like Roy, a convert. :eek:

172, Tiguan
Have you got yours mapped yet? I've now managed to up my average mpg up to 45, seems that bad traffic has a serious affect on the amount of derv i use

No, I bought a 172 as a project instead. I think i'll leave mine alone for a while, though I've bought an OE ipod kit so all the dash trim is in the boot at the mo. lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
With it being sunny yesterday, i finally managed to swop the rear bushes on the front wishbones. They'd been gradually getting worse since i bought the car, so really needed to sort it out!!

Symtoms - shakey steering wheel at 35-45mpg, 'loose' sensation around the straight ahead & lots of vibration when braking (similar to warped discs).

Solution - change front wishbone rear bush to either OEM BMW ones, or purchase the uprated Meyle ones from C3BMW. I chose not get the Powerflex ones as i couldnt be bothered with getting the bushes pressed into the 'lollipops', the Meyle ones come ready to fit, & are uprated over standard, so should last longer.

As per usual, i had access to one of the fantastic guides from bimmerforums: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/how-to-fit-e46-front-wishbone-rear-bushes-t20306/, and had bought a new bearing puller for the job.

The following video gives a more detailed overview of the issue & the remedy:

2 hours later and i had gone from:
dc566565.jpg

47ad46d5.jpg

To:
5ef548b2.jpg

ca02d3e1.jpg

Total cost, inc. bearing puller = £100.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Now on just under 112k (June 20th), so done just over 9k in 4 months.

Averaging 45-48mpg depending on how much traffic i have to sit in, giving a tank range of about 650 miles.

Still very pleased with it, tempted to upgrade to a 330cd Sport at some point in fact. Really is a perfect daily.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You might lose out on your mpg,infact you will.Father in law used to get a combined 40mpg out of his 530D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Now on just under 112k (June 20th), so done just over 9k in 4 months.

Averaging 45-48mpg depending on how much traffic i have to sit in, giving a tank range of about 650 miles.

Still very pleased with it, tempted to upgrade to a 330cd Sport at some point in fact. Really is a perfect daily.

FML

I've done 12k in 4 months in the TT averaging 28.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Out of interest Dave, what was the mileage at that sevice? Presumably around 105k? (going by that you bought it a month before with 103k?)