ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I get this car or .......

GR7

Shiny red R32

This car is looking for a good home! Should I get it or would it be wasted on me? Although it is a Mk 1 V6 it is brand new, unregistered with 3 miles on the clock but since I dont drive too many miles would it be better waiting for a better home where it can be driven in a speedier manner than the way I drive!! Like Jilly I am not a racer (as my name suggests - the guys at my local garage call me that) I just love the look and sound of the V6.

HELP ME OUT GUYS I have until 6.30 tonight to give the sales guy £500 to take it out of the showroom!!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1058279164__v6mackay.jpg

dont do it. youd be paying £20k for an old model when an extra £3-4k will get you a new one (sorry oops, a demonstrator). Youll regret having gone for the mk1 model everytime you see a mk2.

Wait 6 months, book yourself a demo car at your local dealer and get a mk2.

GR7

Shiny red R32

The new ones are £27,000 so that is a difference of £7000 not 3-4 and I dont think there will be many demonstrators! I actually like the Mk1 as much as I like the Mk2 shape of both the 172 and the V6 and personally I dont think the Mk1 front looks dated on either car.

Anyone else with other views?

If you need to justify that car then dont do it.

If its about money then buying an expensive Renault hatchback with two seats and dodgy dynamics isnt a good idea.

-Rob

GR7

Shiny red R32

Two seats arent a problem to me as nobody has sat in the back of my car yet anyway. What is wrong with the dynamics Rob?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by John V6 on 15 July 2003

Go for it, you will not regret buying the V6
All the best

John V6

And what about Robb Fenns dynamics problems? What is that all about seeing as you have a V6 John and Robb has a 1.2?

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 15 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by John V6 on 15 July 2003

Go for it, you will not regret buying the V6
All the best

John V6

And what about Robb Fenns dynamics problems? What is that all about seeing as you have a V6 John and Robb has a 1.2?
A wee dig there?

Are you oblivious to all road/track test reports?

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by griff_90 on 15 July 2003

What are the pads under the wheels for?
No idea Griff? I never noticed them before!!
more likey so that the wheels dont leave marks as rubber has a tendancy to stain and leave marks on some surfaces if sat there a while hence why the cars in our showroom get moved around alot

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by captain_clio on 15 July 2003

is there still brand new ones, even tho theyre old, if u get me. ????
Obviously Captain, as this one has never been registered and has only 3 miles on the clock!

I saw a Peugeot 306 with an 03 reg a couple of months ago and when I asked the girl about it she said that it was brand new and unregistered even though they havent been made since the 307 came out and she was pleased because she disliked the 307 but liked most other Pugs.

LY R27

Dont do it, buy a cup which would whoop that v6 every time, and if you like the different styling get a v6 body kit on your 172!!!!!!!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I had thought of that but where do you get the nice wide front and back panels and how the heck do they get put on?

Do you have to cut a car about or is that a daft question?

A black V6 look alike would look cool!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

nah they just bond on you need to cut the arches out to fit the wheels tho

LY R27

GirlRacer,

It sounds like you are unsure, I would be for that sort of cash. Its obviously up to you, I look forward to your decision been posted. :D

Regards

P

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 15 July 2003

Dont do it, buy a cup which would whoop that v6 every time, and if you like the different styling get a v6 body kit on your 172!!!!!!!!!
Not wishing to start all this your is faster than mine stuff, but what do you mean by every time? Surely if a V6 is poodling along at 155mph the Cup would not be whooping it?

On the occasion that GR may take the V6 on a track, she may well be whooped by a nimble Cup. Other than that she will be driving it on the road where whooping would not be happening anyway as the Cup would have to catch her first.

I am inclined to think that GR might just ignore any silly insignifcant boyracer and leave him to argue with the ditchs and insurance claims.

GR7

Shiny red R32

GirlRacer,
It sounds like you are unsure, I would be for that sort of cash. Its obviously up to you, I look forward to your decision been posted. :D

Regards

P

I wasnt sure whether to post the original question regarding this car or not, as I thought there would be many people saying "What a waste of a good car" on someone who will use it for shopping!! I dont think you would get much shopping in it.

Clio v6

GirlRacer,
I dont think you would get much shopping in it.

I know I have my shopping delivered by those nice Waitrose people, but I did take the V6 one time myself ( missed my slot )

I had 4 bags behind the net inside, 2 bags in the front space, and a huge pack of toilet tissue in the rear section.

I didnt even need to use either the passenger seat or floor space.

Now golf clubs may be another story.