ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I get this car or .......

LY R27

I must say it does look good, sorry to everyone I have upset with these posts (girlracer & dash), having a very bad day at work, please forgive me :oops:

Isnt Project254 (unsure thats his ACTUAL username) selling a couple of his 5 V6s??

Im sure he had his Black one in the for sale forum. Think how unique youd be with that!!! Only original black V6 made!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Dash

I think you have helped me make up my mind, especially as I dont play golf!!

;);)

Do you still like your Mk1 shape and the way it drives and looks?

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 15 July 2003

I must say it does look good, sorry to everyone I have upset with these posts (girlracer & dash), having a very bad day at work, please forgive me :oops:
Sorry to hear you are having a bad day at work Cuppy. It will be better if you are driving home in the Cup. Whatever the car ( VTS excluded of course ) I would be happier driving than being at work.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 15 July 2003

Isnt Project254 (unsure thats his ACTUAL username) selling a couple of his 5 V6s??

Im sure he had his Black one in the for sale forum. Think how unique youd be with that!!! Only original black V6 made!!

His is left hand drive and needs a new roof and painting too. I couldnt cope with all that. This one would be taxed and ready to drive away. Black would be great but silver suits it too.

Go for it GR if they are giving you a good trade in.

As you say, youre not going to be taking it to its limits, so who cares if the new one is a lot better for an extra 7k and a very long wait.

Youve only done about 3k miles in your 172 after 18 months, so servicing is hardly a major issue, and youve got hubbys zim-zimmer for practical use.

Do it you big poser!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Cuppy

I hope you will have a better evening than the way your day has been.

:)

Jonny

I am anything but a poser (I would hate anyone to think that I was) and I have done 4,500 miles so far in the 172, a few more than you thought.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 15 July 2003

Dash

Do you still like your Mk1 shape and the way it drives and looks?

Two things I enjoy most in life.

1) My kids. With each new day I love them more.

2) My V6 . With each new day I have no regrets.

I was only joking GR, its just the way you have described the V6 looks in the past! You just know you are going to get so many stares.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Go for it GR. It looks really nice and is reasonable for the money. Is it uk supplied????

Clio v6

Oh just a little reminder GR.

HELP ME OUT GUYS I have until 6.30 tonight to give the sales guy £500 to take it out of the showroom!!

Its 5.21 way down here in Essex :D

You get to go buy a new V6 at 6:30 whilst i need to go pick up my 2 new centre caps from parts for £14.83.

Lifes unfair!

GR7

Shiny red R32

The sales guy knows someone who wants a black 172 and could only find a couple of silvers.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 15 July 2003

You get to go buy a new V6 at 6:30 whilst i need to go pick up my 2 new centre caps from parts for £14.83.

Lifes unfair!

I thought you didnt want me to get it Rob! I still have an hour to make my mind up.

You can do what you like love! I personally wouldnt as i know the Mk2 is the finished article, but if you tried giving one to me i wouldnt say no!

-Rob

The Jinx

I wouldnt. Itll lose a lot of value once its on the other side of that glass. People will always want the more powerful, better handling mkII you see.

But then Im not you, and you have said you prolly wont be racing it. If you like it, go for it though. Its what makes YOU happy that counts.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 15 July 2003

You can do what you like love! I personally wouldnt as i know the Mk2 is the finished article, but if you tried giving one to me i wouldnt say no!

-Rob

Rob

"The Mk2 is the finished article" - that is until the Mk3 comes along, listen to Uncle Dash!!

;)

I saw what looked like a new Scenic today in a very dark silver and although I dislike this sort of vehicle, this one looked really lovely and very modern looking. This is what will probably happen with these V6s although I think the Mk 1 still looks lovely.

Im sure that someone (probably BenR!) will work out a way to change the Mk1 suspension to Mk2 settings, so then you can have the looks you want from the Mk1 with the slightly less wayward handling of the Mk2!

(Not that Id know of course - merely going on what his Highness J Clarkson has said ;))

I think that V6 is in the Mazda dealer near Murray Field stadium in Edinburgh if someone wants to go down and nick the V6 from under her nose lol

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 15 July 2003

youll be wanting to spray it black tho ;)
Thats exactly what id do.

Not Renault black though, a lovely Audi pitch black.

Would a respray at the beginning be detrimental to the car in any way?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by ak16v on 15 July 2003

Mk2 V6 clio, lovely blue colour only £18995!!!!

Ilford, renault dealer......though it wasnt there today
Mk2 V6 Clio for £18,995? I dont think so

GR7

Shiny red R32

Guys

I havent bought it yet as the salesman reckoned that it only has a one year warranty because of the build date, which is obviously some time ago as it is a Mk1. He is trying to get me to fork out another £300 + for the second years warranty and he will throw in the third year.

I want to try and find out if it automatically comes with a 2 year warranty, because a friend I was out with earlier reckons it should, due to EU regulations (or something).

Perhaps some of you knowledgeable people on here might be able to answer this one. Is it the build date or the registration date which is relevant to the number of years warranty Renaults have?

Another thing which surprised me, when I rang my insurance company, was that the V6 is a group 20 and the excess for the remainder of the time left from my present insurance for the 172, which is another 7 months, is £400 on top of what it already is!!

That is my little bit of excitement over for today!! Well see what tomorrow brings.

http://9toes.com/Smilies/a/anxious.gif

Sylvia, the 2nd and 3rd year of a warranty only seem to be there to get you to take your car to the dealership. It seems that there is precious little that they cover.

Id say go get that MK1 V6 and sod the "extra" 2 years warranty.

Rhys

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 15 July 2003

Sylvia, the 2nd and 3rd year of a warranty only seem to be there to get you to take your car to the dealership. It seems that there is precious little that they cover.
Id say go get that MK1 V6 and sod the "extra" 2 years warranty.

Rhys

It would just be my luck that something major would go wrong if I dont have the extra warranty and I dont want to give them another £350 if I can have three years as per my 172 included in the cost.

Too ak16v- where do you live mate? i bought my car from that dealer- live 5 minutes away.

I did not no they had a mk2 blue V6 in there..im going to have to call up brian the sales assistant and have a go...

Thanks 4 enlightening me...

Girl Racer- BUY THE CAR ITS 2 NICE!

Golf 1.4 TSI

i would only buy it if they were to throw in the warranty for free, especially if you are trading in your 172 that has some warrenty left. if it is unregistered surely it should still have the three years warranty left. after all a tv sat in an electrical store still has its 12 months when you buy it even if it has been there for years and years

Renault Laguna Coupe

Get it Sylvia, whats a few hundred pounds here and there anyway. Its a beautiful car, and a bargain. Id have it immediately if I didnt have to ferry the kids around.