ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I Higher My Car

Pug 306 GTi-6

Bit of a weird question you may think but my car seems a little too low!?

when i am on my own it scrubs over speed bumps and on some bumpy roads. my exhaust once again is blowing because i have hit it and the joint is broken.

most recent pic of my car is below, what do you guys recon? and how much by? as far as i know it is lowered 60ml at the moment, could be wrong tho as the spring i bought from ebay were stated as 30ml?

http://www.lazerdiscos.co.uk/ClioSport/FCS/DSC00113Small.JPG

[Edited by Bazzeray on 02 August 2005 at 5:32pm]

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Too low at the back compared to the front.

Front of the car is sitting too high.

Whole car looks like its leaning back.

(looking on your member profile for pics)

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 02 August 2005 at 5:31pm]

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yes.

rais it up so the sill is level and that the car doesnt look as if it taking off !!!

with everything level it should feel and handle a lot better too.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

id raise the back a little tbh. or u could just llower the front more :devilish: and ignore the problems that come with it lol

Pug 306 GTi-6

i think highering the back is gonna be the way to go, im not gonna lower it anymore clarkie!

would it be possible to get it level with the torsion bar then?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

yes!just measure how high u need to raise it and away u go!

saying that, i couldnt get mine back in @the right height on my valver....................so i just kept playing till it went bk in! lol about 110mm later, and covering about an inch of the rear 17" wheel it went in and was left like that!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup as Clarkie mentions..... measure up and raise it by that amount not too hard to do with the torsion bar :D

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

okay, for looks you want the car as low and even as possible, but to improve handling simply by (regardless of what springs/dampers you use) adjusting ride height and weight distribution you want the front about 10mm lower than the rear (eg. my 172 has been lowered 25mm front and 15mm rear) this only applies to front wheel drive cars.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

raise the back slightly and youll really notice the difference on the corners, as a point of interest correct weight distribution is nearly as good as an expensive coilover package!! especially in front engined 4cyl cars where the engine is offset to the o/s to allow for the g/box (and you sit on the o/s). on my xr2 racer i put a gel battery in the passenger footwell and moved the drivers seat as far over to n/s as possible (it was a bit awkward to change gear!) and gained 0.5sec a lap on silverstone international circuit on the same day!

Higher lol, your cars not even low. get some spax and youll be fine. your back will hurt everytime you go out but hey better than highering.

Pug 306 GTi-6

Quote: Originally posted by lost_clio on 02 August 2005

Higher lol, your cars not even low. get some spax and youll be fine. your back will hurt everytime you go out but hey better than highering.
it might not be "low" as you call it m8 but its really f**king up the exhaust with the back that low, theres a fine line between looks and practicality and my car aint practical when taking people out! or sometimes driving on my own.

Thanx for your help guys, except for the above!