ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SHOULD I STILL DRIVE IT

Everytime I turn the steering wheel, particularly when stationary the steering vibrates and groans loudly. Its not the belt slipping or wheels rubbing. My Dad suggested its the strut mounts. Does this sound right and should I still drive as it sounds like the wheels are dropping off [they arent I checked]. If it is how much to fix it ?

Thanks for any help !

Mike

Mr2 Roadster

Well if its all held together Id say its ok, sound like your PS pump is dying!

Ok cheers, will have another drive tonight, I dont think its the pump though as I can hear that going at the same time ? Its hard to describe this noise, its like theres some tarpaulin caught in the wheels.

mmm could be but it doesnt sound like it as Ive already had that problem, will have to wait until the weekend and have a look in the daylight !!!

My old Valver used to goan when i turned the wheels. I toped up the power steering fluid and it never made another sound again in the 3 years i owed it!

Hope this helps

its just the pump groaning. mine does it and its been doing it for 9 months and its still goin. you could try bleeding it as there may be air in the system. easy to do - check the haynes. mines worse from cold start.

clio 20v

yeh be PAS pump mines noisy as fuk there 90 odd quid plus VAT from euro car parts

its a few hrs work to fit nowhere near 400 quid

most valver pas pumps get noisy over time i wudnt bother replacing till it gets really bad and starts affecting the steering, mine sounds like its got bits of metal stuck init at the mo so im gonna change it soon

adi

Mr2 Roadster

Its not that kind of sound guys, its higher pitched than that... Not really high pitched, just higher than a groan!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there normally really noisy because the pumps going or the oil level is low due to a leak somewhere.