ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 172 Cup Project

Ollie's Silver Cup
Picked up my 172 cup on Friday, spent most of Saturday having fun in it, then today giving it a proper clean :D

The front splitter's missing, so it's getting a carbon replacement, and the wheels will be having a refurb in the near future :)

3981043546_fc47576ec2.jpg

3980284539_251518bb29.jpg

3980285227_160fdb224e.jpg

3981045658_dfaa164b42.jpg

3980287039_983029061b.jpg

3980287723_64746aa83e.jpg

3980288369_a10d1517ea.jpg

clio 182 FF + chipped
Re: My new 172 cup

MINT!

Have you used a special camera or effect for these shots? The pic's look great!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Cheers!

Not a camera effect for the photos, just a basic edit...sharpening, slight adjustment of colour curve and minor desaturation. I tend to use the same technique on most photos :D

Gordini Cliosport 182

Phaaah, it was cleaner when we collected it!!!
Nah, on a serious note,that is a very good looking cup you have there. I was very impressed with the condition.
Fancy cleaning the RB for me??

Ollie's Silver Cup

Phaaah, it was cleaner when we collected it!!!
Nah, on a serious note,that is a very good looking cup you have there. I was very impressed with the condition.
Fancy cleaning the RB for me??

haha! I was surprised at how well the wheels cleaned up! I honestly don't think the valeter had touched them at all on Friday!

That was with the purple haze dodo juice too, as that's all I had. I'll have to get some stuff for lighter colours, but considering that's supposed to be for dark colours, it's done an awesome job on the silver I think :D

Arms need to recover first haha was literally cleaning all day! Still got a bit to finish tomorrow morning and put my plates back on :eek:

172 Cup

Very nice.
Great shine on it and nice camera work.

Had my 172 cup a month now and love it so much.

Gordini Cliosport 182

oh the joys off just finishing Uni and not working!! I will sort you out some dodo for light paint when you need it.

You deff going to feel that in the morning. That wasnt really a valet they did, more just chucking a bucket of water at the windscreen!

Now we need to sort out a mini meet in Leicester!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Lovely.

I would get it lowered on h&rs, carbon splitter, and leave it!

:D

It won't be left alone, however much I'd want to, it just won't happen :eek:

I get bored quickly!

I'd like to have a play with the engine eventually, while keeping it as drivable and subtle styled as possible :D

oh the joys off just finishing Uni and not working!! I will sort you out some dodo for light paint when you need it.

You deff going to feel that in the morning. That wasnt really a valet they did, more just chucking a bucket of water at the windscreen!

Now we need to sort out a mini meet in Leicester!

Ended up being a mad rush to get this done :D Not bad going; drove your 182 Tuesday night, bought the 172 Thursday and collected it Friday :D

I think they were rushing... "We'll definetly have you away by 1" and at half 2 we were still sat there! haha!

Need to order some new plates too, as they've drilled through the bumper to fit those plates on! And my cut down plates aren't wide enough to hide the holes :(

Mini meet would be cool! :)

Audi TT 3.2

really like your car!

mini would be awsome, im up for that whenever!

rxed- where abouts in leicester you from ive never seen another RB?

Gordini Cliosport 182

No offence Davis88, but are you not George? Did you not look at my (dirty at the time) RB when you came to Car Electronics? I work there. Did you mate ever come in to collect his Astra stalk control lead?

Audi TT 3.2

oooo sorry mate didnt relise that was your username! i thought there was another RB in leicester :eek:

the stalk controls stopped working for a day, then ever since have been fine, so all it good with them!

Gordini Cliosport 182

No worries. Glad they worked. I only know of 3 Rbs in Leicester, yours, mine and one without stripes.

A meet is needed. Your cup is coming along nicely since i last saw it!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Booked it in for a major service on Thursday; including a new timing belt and accessories belt :D

Seems to be running pretty well, although a slightly lumpy idle, but hoping it will be at it's best after Thursday :)

Audi TT 3.2

good stuff! if you dont mind me asking, were you getting the belts changed and how much! you can pm me if dont want to broadcast it!

Iceberg Ph1

A Silver Cup! Noo... I thought these things where a myth :rasp:
That is a stunning motor mate!

Gordini Cliosport 182

Davis88, RSR next to my place on Oakland road. Rod is a great mechanic. He has done loads of work on all three of my cars and the Clio is always running well. He has just serviced mine.

Audi TT 3.2

ooo yeh i remember you saying now rxed! ive just had mine done at k-tec and was just wondering what other have paid!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Cheers for all the comments! :D

As Ed said, it's being done at RSR on Oakland Road.

Once that's done, and a few other bits tidied up on the car, I've then just got to decide on some audio :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

I had to wait around this morning for some tyres to be delivered, so while I was waiting in I thought I'd make a start on cleaning up the engine a bit! :D

Still got lots to do, as I don't think it's ever been cleaned, but certainly an improvement already :cool:

3986684193_6fb46a473c.jpg

3986684697_a7d3a85eda.jpg

3987438104_faab6c94fd.jpg