ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 182 Project Thread *RS2*

None :(
For those who are interested in looking, below is a clip of my track time at FCS.

This was my first time on track, as i'm sure you can tell! :rasp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Below is a video at Castle Combe Classic & Sports car day, went on track 3 times, my first session there was only 3 cars out on track, was amazing. The video below is my 2nd session at 10am with Russ_16v.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yozz'd up 182
Was that really pushing it? I am slightly disapointed as i expected it to pull better especially on the straights?

It may of just been because it looks like it was pretty busy so couldnt really test the limits? but compared to ITB videos i have seen this doesnt seem to perform quite as well.

But as said it could be down to experience and not being able to push it.

Thanks for your comment, yes you are right, I am not pushing it 100%. Mainly because I’m very new to track days, and I still haven’t reached the cars limit (as I don’t want to crash).

A lot of the time especially behind the Scooby I had slightly more power but just didn’t have the confidence to overtake it, (apart from the very end when I had enough). I consider myself a big wimp still on track! :eek:

On a few of the straights in the video clip I was going flat out in 3rd. I just need some pointers and I feel a track day tuition coming along soon as I think I’m doing a lot of things wrong. i.e still driving with traction control on lol.

I would also like to go in an ITB’d car (even if it’s just a passenger ride)to see the difference in the pull/acceleration.

Just thought I'd post some pictures as the car stands atm.

No center caps, as i messed them up and the paint stretched when putting them on :cry:

Future plans - cleaning engine bay, set of springs, track tuition. Hopefully re-do my wheels, but this time i will be paying someone to do it properly. Oh and get someone to spray my cup spoiler i bought last year off Clart.

bse-stand2.jpg

bse-stand.jpg

bse-track.jpg

Oh and hopefully Tom will send me the de-cat plug he said he would so my engine management light will go off.

And a thanks to gti6steve for plugging in a diagnostic tool to check my engine management light was still due to the de-cat!

Attachments

• bse-stand.jpg
    bse-stand.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 44
  • bse-track.jpg
    bse-track.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 47
  53 Clio's & counting
Thanks for your comment, yes you are right, I am not pushing it 100%. Mainly because I’m very new to track days, and I still haven’t reached the cars limit (as I don’t want to crash).

A lot of the time especially behind the Scooby I had slightly more power but just didn’t have the confidence to overtake it, (apart from the very end when I had enough). I consider myself a big wimp still on track! :eek:

On a few of the straights in the video clip I was going flat out in 3rd. I just need some pointers and I feel a track day tuition coming along soon as I think I’m doing a lot of things wrong. i.e still driving with traction control on lol.

I would also like to go in an ITB’d car (even if it’s just a passenger ride)to see the difference in the pull/acceleration.

You are fully welcome to passenger with me next track day mate, il see if I can help with a few things :)

Hey Russ, it would be fantasic to come out on track with you, what with saving like mad for a house atm it would be nice to get back on the track even if i'm not driving.

Also it would be great if you could come out in my car with me next time i do a track day at combe, so you can give me some pointers from the way i'm driving so to speak...

Lets see what the miss's gets me for my bday.....................(end of July) ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Be my pleasure to mate, just let me know when you are next out if you will be before we are back at Combe in Sept (Get back on bse ;)) :)

Trophy #382
Oh and hopefully Tom will send me the de-cat plug he said he would so my engine management light will go off.

In my experience this doesnt generally cause the light to stay off. If mine comes on it usually turns its self off after around 30-40 miles i would say.

Ah interesting, gti6steve popped round yesterday with a fault code reader, and the engine light went out, exactly the same when Tom done it, so I'm just waiting for the light to come back on now.

My only paranoia is, what if one day a real engine fault or problem happened, i wouldn't know about it (I'm talking a minor fault here), because i will just think it's due to the de-cat, do you see where i'm coming from here?

Risk you take with the de-cat i suppose.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The light will come back on after around 40 miles if you've turned it off with a fault code reader, best thing to do is get the lambda plug in, then turn it off with the fault code reader.

Nice to see you taking it steady on track and not thinking you own the place like some newbie's seem to.

I've had tuition round combe and some of the speed you can carry through corners is amazing once shown where the braking and turn in points are. I'm up for a track day down there soon, I'm actually travelling to chippenham tonight

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Great project thread looking at getting a rs2 myself soon, so will be in contact in next couple of months hopefully when there is another group buy on, iv missed the last one :)

Ok time for an update on this project, as it has been so long. The reason it’s been so long is due to me and my partner finally buying our first house together after 3 years of renting. So major savings were happening and no spare $$’s for the Clio.

A long time before buying the house I did purchase some Eibach lowering springs, and got them fitted. I must say a massive thank you to Luke. In Bristol who pretty much fitted them for me.

Below is a pic after they were fitted, I hear it will take a while for them to set properly:

lowered1.jpg

lowered2.jpg

So we moved in September, and as the weather wasn’t to bad, I decided first project will be the garage. I wanted a nice home for my Clio and some space for some gym kit. I won’t bore you with too many pics of the garage project, but below are a fair few ;)

Here is what the garage looked like when I moved in:

garag_door.jpg

garage_before_1.jpg

garage_before_2.jpg

garage_before_3.jpg

Now it was time to start. The first job was to get rid of all my crap from moving in, as the garage was a great dumping ground.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You get the idea, now it was time to start rendering with sand and cement. Now I am no handy man builder, I just wanted to learn and do as much as I could. My partners brother is a junior builder and my best mate is a jack of all trades. Ashley started off rendering one Sunday afternoon and I was busy doing the mixing.

5.jpg

Then I got home early on the Monday and thought, I’m gonna crack on with the next wall myself, and got to work. Here is my first attempt (I thought I’d start on a very small part of the wall). LOL!

6.jpg

Oh boy I sucked at rendering, it was so hard. The gf came home and was in horror, so she got changed and we both spent the whole evening till midnight trying to smooth the wall off. But I thought we did a good repair:

7.jpg

Told the others about my attempt and they weren’t happy, they said I had to do the whole wall in one sitting. I thought p*ss off, that took me 8 hours to do that one small part! Anyways I got home on the Wednesday and found them in there rendering the rest.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The day after they did the other side:

10.jpg

I was over the bloody moon!

A few days later:

11.jpg

Then started to paint the walls:

13.jpg

Then I bought 72 of these:

12.jpg

First one down:

14.jpg

All down:

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

The garage isn’t 100% finished, still have some electrics to do and a few bits n bobs, nothing I can’t work around at a later date in time. Also want a new garage door come the summer, the one in place atm is very old.

Anyways at the end of October, my best mate asked if I wanted to buy their Megane. I was traveling 75 miles a day in the Clio, and have been for 1.5 years, and as everyone says, driving a stripped car with buckets on the motorway every single day, does get to you in the end. Also my dream was to take the car off the road and use it to race in some kind of series, and a track toy. So when my mate said do I want to buy it for £2k I snapped his arm off. 04 plate, dynamic, 41k on the clock, 1.9tdi 5 door. Reason it was so cheap was they had troubles selling it due to no service history (bar a few stamps at the start of its life) so i thought well, they’ve had the car for just over 3 years, so I’ll buy it and just get a cam belt and a full major service done, then it’s all sorted. So I did just that and I’m doubling my miles to a tank compared to the Clio so happy days there!!
In she goes:

18.jpg

Clio has been off the road since, and it moved into its new home a few weeks ago. So the current plan is to strip even more out the car, somehow get the air con out of it with the air con delete kit (already been de-gassed) and just concentrate on weight savings. Also to apply for a trailer/tow license and look into the cost of buying/renting a trailer.

19.jpg

The weekend just gone, my mate put his gym in the garage for us to use as it was just in his shed getting rusty and old.

20.jpg

But I really really miss driving the car, so much so I’m tempted to tax and insure the thing for 6 months over the summer, but I’ll see how things pan out till then.

As always comments and suggestions welcome.

BMW F21 125d
Proper garage that! Mine's tiny and could squeeze the 182 in but the M has no chance.

Good update, project thread has gone a bit sideways mind you but an interesting twist, any pics of the rest of the house?