ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim City (5)

Tried to cancel my preorder this morning. Had a wait time of 180 minutes!! f**k off!!

I want to cancel it so I can buy the disc version, so I don't have to wait until Christmas to download the 12GB file.

I can see myself buying the disc version too tbh! But I feel bad as EA don't deserve a penny for all these f**k ups.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going to wait until the initial EA-FFS-WTF-dust settles and buy it later in the year....

I can't understand why the Mac users should have to wait either? Surely it's a prime game for the platform?

D.

Fiesta ST-3
Think I'm going to wait until the initial EA-FFS-WTF-dust settles and buy it later in the year....

I can't understand why the Mac users should have to wait either? Surely it's a prime game for the platform?

D.

Exactly it's not as if Mac hasn't been around for long now. It's a huge launch and should of been available on both platforms.

On a side note what do I need to do to run windows on my mac?

E36 328
Exactly it's not as if Mac hasn't been around for long now. It's a huge launch and should of been available on both platforms.

On a side note what do I need to do to run windows on my mac?

A copy of windows and either parallels or bootcamp.

I use parallels on my macbook for mssql stuff, is perfect and runs surprisingly well.

Evo 5 RS
lol at queues for a single player game.

That brings you back to the days when living at home and only having one computer in the house hold.

There's a reason EA were voted most hated company in America, it wasn't just angry geeks lol.

It's getting a proper native release, not a port, so that's something to be thankful for (also means it will run on much lower system spec than expected). They never finished the PC version until yesterday apparently (hence the lack of pre-loading).

I dusted off my PC that's been in the attic for a year today for this, it would be nice if the Origin download is also valid for the Mac when it comes to it so I can get rid of the PC again, but that would be far too nice if EA so very unlikely.

Clio 1.2 16V
it would be nice if the Origin download is also valid for the Mac when it comes to it so I can get rid of the PC again, but that would be far too nice if EA so very unlikely.

Wondered this too, found out that the licence is valid for both versions so when you buy the PC one it'll let you download the Mac one too when its out, which is nice! Bootcamp until then :D

At least they're pre-loading it now for the UK release. It'd take me three years to download 12Gb anyway, so I'll be getting a hard-copy.

At least they're pre-loading it now for the UK release. It'd take me three years to download 12Gb anyway, so I'll be getting a hard-copy.

They're only pre-loading the initial install files (about 240mb apparently), the remaining 12gb isn't released until midnight. Useless.

DCi
I watched a game play video yesterday and I have to say it looked pretty cool but with all the complaints and the arma 3 alpha coming out I'm going to give it a miss

At least for now :rasp:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
sorry.jpg

I'm so glad I'll mostly be busy this weekend, then next week away for work. Hopefully by the time I get home next Friday night, EA would have added at least another 50 servers :p

I'm off tomorrow. I was going to stay up til midnight and start the download then. Then I can start playing in the morning.

From what I've read I'll be surprised if I play one single game tomorrow!! Absolutely pathetic. I hope EA fold soon.

Clio 1.2 16V
Downloading now too (VPNd to some US server) 30%, need to be up early tomorrow though. Hope the servers are busy otherwise there's no sleeping lol.

Clio 1.2 16V
Had a quick play last night, few server issues, but nothing that stopped me playing the game . Only the American servers were full/busy. Pretty impressed with it so far and it runs better than I thought it would on my MBP 13" (Bootcamp).

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Think that's already been explained away by EA, they aren't going to ban you for asking a refund, just that if you bought a digital copy you aren't getting one.

HBT 172 Cup
So many rotten reviews out there, i still think ill give a whirl, abolsutely <3'd sim city 2000 back in the day.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Unsure if my MBP has the graphics card to run this, so think ill give it a miss until all these issues are sorted and it becomes cheaper (?)

In the meantime ive got hold of SimCity 4 to run on bootcamp, and also Tropico 4 on xbox.

MKV R32
Had a quick play last night, few server issues, but nothing that stopped me playing the game . Only the American servers were full/busy. Pretty impressed with it so far and it runs better than I thought it would on my MBP 13" (Bootcamp).

What year is your MBP? mines a 2009 and am unsure that this will work?

Tesla MP3 2021
Just wondering whether to try this now (running Win 7 via VMware Fusion) or wait for the Mac version.

My MBP is 2009 and it has the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M which I believe is the min spec on the Mac version.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Install time yay!

f**king thing is now downloading more things :/

Install finishes, servers drop. f**k sake EA.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd try to squeeze in a 30 minute session before I go out later.

Couldn't even connect to a server.

If I ever meet anyone working for EA, I'll genuinely f**king kill them.Retards.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've been on and off it most of the day, come 17:00 there was no playing it.

For what its worth, if you can play it, it's a very good game, but the server situation is p*ssing me off already.

Running brilliantly on Medium settings on my 2011 Mac Mini via Bootcamp.

Really enjoying the game, expanding existing buildings is so satisfying, although my OCD nature is not sitting well with the fact there is no clean way of dealing with rubbish anymore.