ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Since you all love Static lows.

There's a certain fun in wondering if you can traverse a speedbump. A bit like the urban equivalent of trying to scale some rocks in a Defender.

You liked filler filled monstrosities, I like low cars. Everyone's different.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like scraping along the floor in my car. Because of my bags, I can be one of the lowest rolling Boras in the country and yet still get on my driveway.

The scraping is fun. E.G the bangs and sparks, but also the looks of disgust you get from people. Also making randomers jump out of their skin = always funny.

Drive Low, Park lower. Yet if one day I'm tired or a bit irritable I can drive it at a more sensible height. I can get down back roads, and I can do long journeys without a back ache. I've got it sorted tbh.

They look s**t.

Buy a banger lower it and that's it. Look how bad the paintwork is in the second pic and why does he have no side strips on.

Him and his car both look s**t together.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Playing with cars is inherently childish but we do it because its fun. That's the idea of these cars really, pushing the barriers of stupidity and taste and having a good laugh doing it. It's not hurting anyone, yet people get ridiculously offended LOL!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My Type R is lowered 40mm (or is it 30:S) I cringe when the exhaust "tings" going over a bump, not to mention the headshaking from passengers lol

I have so missed the opinions of people on here.

Not sure how I have managed in life, since selling my Clio.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My Mk1 scirocco is lower on coils than it could ever be if it was on air. money is not always the issue!

If I did have a bagged car I would destroy the underside dragging it along the floor :eek::approve:

EXACTLY. In my case I got bags because of my hellish commute and the fact you can't drive lower or park lower on a MK4 chassis than with bags.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
7164078371_fb28a3bd10_b.jpg

Oh if only Roy, if only.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
What's that been painted with Jase? A spatula and cement?

Megane r26
Tbh I have alot of mates into the vw scene, some running bags an some running static an I appriciate the amount of work that goes into the cars (cause i'm the one usually doing it haha) even though it isn't my cup of tea. At the end of the day theres always going to be missed opinions due to differences in peoples taste. If we were all the same it would be boring, nothing worht then following the sheep.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Is this the same car?

4642905700_2d8c64c0cf_b.jpg

4642946092_7d8d66f9b8_b.jpg

Or has he just ripped it off with the same seats/gearknob etc?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good tbh.

Low is funny, the reason people do it with older cars is it's cheaper to repair them when you break something. Plus the following for VAG is HUGE and the newer ones are out of the reach of most of the people who do it.

It's amusing what you have to do to run low. I can honestly say some of the best nights I've spent working on cars with mates is notching chassis', rolling arches. It's all about ingenuity (pronounced pikey). You can't help but smile when you drive a stupidly low car, the scrapes, the bangs, sparks and peoples reactions to it on the pavement are hilarious.

I wish I could afford 2 cars because I can't give up having a car I can drive enthusiastically over the pennines where I live, but at the same time I want something that's on its arse and dragging it's guts everywhere it goes.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Lol, so true Rhys.

I remember having to t**t bits of metal and butcher bits of arch on my Clio and it wasn't even THAT low. Fun times.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yes tom! Same car :)

And exactly. Nail on the head Rhys. Met an awesome bunch of friends and had some awesome sundays working on cars, making them lower. It's not just the cars, its the scene (Well, the good side of it). The people you meet etc.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely. My friend Scotty runs a Manchester VAG club called Manc:Union (I know Laura and possibly Winston are part of it actually). Some of the people are just proper weirdo's, there is no 2 ways about it, but a lot of the people I've met are a really good laugh, hence why I spend time with them and go to shows with them despite not owning a VW or ever owning one.

mondonkey tdci,
i like this scene and some of the cars that people "create" are mental, getting a chassis to sit that low takes a lot of ingenuity and some balls to drive it like that5 all day. its not my thing but i still appreciate the effort thats gone into it.

i just cant believe some of the reactions and comments from people, its like your blinded (naive) to any form of car modifcation than that of performance. get a grip.

9de.gif

Kinda liked it all unpainted and messy. Brilliant work though; desperately want ridiculous static lows in my life. I want to be inconvenienced on a daily basis. It's just cool. Lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Looks a bit better with paint but I'd rather walk than drive that.

Way to Jeremy kyle for my liking.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I actually love that :p would be such an inconvenience in my life. But the kind of inconvenience that I'd enjoy! Proper want!!

An orange one
I can't think of a worse car in any form than a mk3 golf cabrio!

That e36 BMW is simply amazing though!

some cars look s**t when they to low where as i think some cars suite it... my missus's cousin used to have his A4 on the deck but its sat a bit higher now but still takes the sills out on speed bumps

Last edited:
  306 GTI-6
In my opinion I'd rather own a bear that rapes me every time I attempt to leave my bedroom than own a Peugeot. Swings and roundabouts really.

Thats fine, thats your opinion, you're entitled to it, and i have no issues with it.

I was voicing mine, and some **** knocker decided to comment i couldnt comprehend some liked it. I never said they didnt, but i still think it looks f**king s**t, unpainted or painted.

I can comprehend that the scene sheep/whores will get a dewy tip over a car like that. But i dont like it, and prefer a car that can be driven hard when wanted, and not have to take detours because there is a rough surface

Last edited:
  R27 F1, Gtr, Shogun
I cant see why anyone would try to make any car worse to drive, If my springs suddenly broke and my car looked half as bad as that I would have it trailered to a garage to be fixed rather that chance fighting to get past every bit of dog s**t that I might come across on the road :dapprove:
Is it insured in to be in that state ?
J