ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Six months and counting (loooooonng post)

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
As the title suggests, it's been 6 months now since i bought my '02 172, and i'm still loving it like the first day.
I've done about 12K miles so far and she hasn't missed a beat, and everything keeps on working fine.
I especially love the fact that it's a stealthy looking car, so not much people expect it to be as fast as it is;)

Anyways this is how she looked when i first got her, all nice and bog standard, exept for the wheels, OE renault wheels were also included in the sale.
Afb084.jpg

Afb079.jpg

About a month later i decided on getting a SS catback exhaust, the decision was easy as it had to be recessed, so i bought a k-tec recessed one, which sits flush with the bumper and was therefore the nicest zorst imo, plus i read some good reviews about it on here.
Having the exhaust shipped over, i got some powerflex bushes and spark plugs too while i was at it.
A week or 2 later the exhaust was delivered and fitted and i was one happy camper.
cliorswielenenchap008.jpg

uitlaatrs006.jpg

cliorswielenenchap014.jpg

Next i threw the old airbox out and replaced it with a Ph1 item with a ITG filter and CAF, which seemed to free up the engine abit.

Next it was wheels time, so i decided upon refurbishing the F1's i got with the car, so i painted them matt black, which came out very nice imo, so when i whacked the wheels under, i decided it needed a proper clean, so i ventured out on my first detailling session, after which the car looked like this.
waxedclio014.jpg

waxedclio022.jpg

waxedclio021.jpg

A few weeks later i came across a pair of cheapo eibach springs which i couldn't let go by, so bought them and installed them the same day:)
cliolow014.jpg

cliolow012-1.jpg

Then at the end of may i came into contact with a rallyteam, that had bought a lot of used speedline 2018's from renault sport in Dieppe, and they sold them at 60euro's a piece, so it's needless to say that i got there faster than lightning and returned home with a set of 4 2018's.
speedline002.jpg

speedline003.jpg

They were in bad nick paintwise but all nice and straight, so i started refurbing them. The first three went without any problems, and i discovered that i had 2 magnesium ones and 2 alloy ones.
But offcourse it wouldn't be right if something didn't go wrong, the 4th one appeared to be covered in epoxy paint:dead:,on which no paint stripper had effect , so that one will have to be shot blasted (still need to get this done), if someone knows a better way to get ridd of this stuff please don't hesitate to let me know.

But all is good and i wasn't going to give it all up because some wheel didn't do what i wanted.

Meanwhile a month passed and i was apauled with the ride quality the eibach's gave, on original shocks:dapprove:
So i contacted K-tec again, and ordered a set of H&R coileys, and a straight thru decat, which took only 5 working days to arrive, while they had to order them from H&R too (hooray for K-tec:star:)
HPIM0226.jpg

HPIM0225.jpg

HPIM0220.jpg

So last friday i got it all fitted, and all i can say is; what a major diffrence, the ride on the H&R's is sublime, sporty and firm, but never unconfortable.
The decat made a huge diffrence too, there was an immediate torque gain which is much more noticeable than i could have hoped.
Needless to say i'm pleased as punch, best £££ i've ever spend.

So this is as far as i've got in the past 6 months, but offcourse the car is far but finished.
There are still some mods to come power wise, and after those some styling ones like the much loved silvervisions, clear side repeaters and cup spoiler, later maybe some carbon fibre bits;).

Anyways, hope you like it, i know i do:rasp:

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Well it was quite a nice day today, so i took some pics of the 1*2 as it stands

HPIM0237.jpg

HPIM0239.jpg

not too spacious
HPIM0236.jpg

how the collies are setup at the rear.
HPIM0243.jpg

can someone tell me if there is something wrong? Because sometimes there's a clunk comming from the rear suspention when taking a bump or pothole.
Anyone ever had this before?

Greetz

I expect it's the exhaust hitting the rear beam tbh. When you've got coilies fitted and wound right down the pipe over the beam is very close so it's probably hitting it when the suspension gets compressed.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Today these arrived, now it's just waiting for a RS lower inlet mani, and get the plenhum matched.

Big thanks to Hill-Power-clio

DSC00009.jpg

do you have a sound recording of the exhaust with decat in it?
my ktec decat arrived today and i'm soon to order my recessed system :D

jonny.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
do you have a sound recording of the exhaust with decat in it?
my ktec decat arrived today and i'm soon to order my recessed system :D

jonny.

Sorry mate but i don't have one with the decat in place, only have one from when the cat was still in place, rattling like mad

Only thing i can say is that the noise doesn't become much louder with the decat, but you get a really nice raspy tone from 4000rpm on, not to loud never annoying, perfect imo

182 trackday racer
On Bilstein kits they put the locking plates facing upwards on the rear suspension. This must be better since there will be a even distribution of load on the plate compared to if locking plate is positioned between rear axle and spring. Hope you understand how I meen despite my Swenglish ;)