ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

PB Clio 172
Next one's an Exeter Barn Owl meet, may well be the first one we head down to Exmouth this year too, Friday 12th, us Plymouth lot usually meet at Morrisons Outland Road, at about 7:15-7:30 ;)

Hopefully I'll be driving my 1.2, so you shouldn't be the only one there.

Ask him when he has passed lol

well i was hoping to fit the cup spoiler tomorrow.. but turns out the courier didn't even collect from the seller of the spoiler today,so gunna have to re-book it.. wednesday (fingers crossed) it comes to my door! times like these, i start to worry.

totally forgot to upload pictures of the cup spoiler! here they are! was originally not sitting right but after fiddling with washer jet hose, sits a beaut now :) not keen on carbon wrap, gunna get it sprayed and wack in new brake light unit!

020mqcv.jpg

016plg.jpg

015dig.jpg

nice L plates aye!!

MORE NEWS:
scrapping the 172 skirts and wings idea.. going for coilys! might have my hands on a pair! (let me know if anyones got some for sale aswell!) knew i should of got them in the first place haha I look at my car now and think it's not as low as i want it :( anyway!
Spraying my badges a dark metallic purple, gotta route around for the right sort of purple though!
aaaand then, probably gunna get rid of some of the stickers on my car, not official but it's on my mind!

so yeah, that's what is goin dowwwwn! thinking of doing subtle tints, low percentage... thoughts?

PB Clio 172
I would lose the stickers and that white clio badge is horrible. Part from that and ££££'s later its not bad

Also how can u insure this on L plates with those mods? Must cost a fortune!

No worries, yeah definitely...I think it would look nice with a wiper delete and like you said possibly remove some of the stickers - would look even more mean!

my wiper is an absolute mission to get off :( I might have another crack it soon to be honest! and yeah they're coming off i've decided! just to see what it'll look like!

I would lose the stickers and that white clio badge is horrible. Part from that and ££££'s later its not bad

Also how can u insure this on L plates with those mods? Must cost a fortune!

yeah agree on the 'clio' badge, that's the badge that made me want to change colour of the rest of the badges! cheers man! didn't declare them, 4 weeks insurance was £80 with collingwood insurance, even i was shocked, something probably wasn't right haha!

PB Clio 172
I would always declare them if I were u . Up to u its not my car you could get shafted if the police want to dig for things!

sprayed 2 of my badges today, boot diamond will be done soon! some pics, need your opinions! i like it, but not as much as i thought! was hoping for a more darker tone! then again the sun is on it..

putting a little more attention to the 'clio' badge so haven't put it on yet!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
I like those badges, i've seen purple done before on a clio. I'm currently debating what colour to do mine but its difficult finding a colour that hasnt been done and wont look stupid!

Good evening! coilys arrived a while back, fitted them today, want to see the results?

got some slight adjusting to do at some point, but as is for the mo, i'm happpy :) any suggestions and what not, comment!

some news on my driving? well went to do my practical second time, failed on a roundabout like a minute away from getting back to the test centre, absolutely gutted. ah well, keep tryin!

Been a while once again, passed my test 3rd time on 25th June btw! So had a good months driving now and it's so good! Cars making weird noises and that now which has got me worrying! Engine wise, no faults, going well, so that's the main thing! Raised the back of benga as i struggled to get over most speedbumps in plymouth... And not only that speed bumps were catching my exhaust clamp, and now my exhaust sounds alot louder, so next week the exhaust department of the car is getting a little tlc! Gunna make sure it's all clamped and what not, and finally renew the mounts and hangers for the exhaust because it's hanging alot lower and don't want it on show, want it tucked away! So that's that and just gunna get some sport dash strips and remove carbon wrapping!

More to come ;)

Got some matts, dunno if they'll look silly or not in my car! Shall see.. and also got a new spoiler brakelight! Aaaand sorted the exhaust blowing, all new rubber mounts and clamps. Sounds like new again!