ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

Sleepy, what was the exhaust like to fit lad?
How do! Ermm yeah it's not to bad, tbh! get your car up on ramps, take off the original exhaust, and do the reverse with your new one! :) will probably need to get a new exhaust manifold clamp (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b175954d I know that's not for clio but should fit cuz it's 69mm like mine :) ) because i did, old one wouldn't go back on due to being too small after being so tight for years, so bought a new one and job was a gooden. It's really straight forward when you look back! any more questions PM me :)

Clio 1.2 16v
How do! Ermm yeah it's not to bad, tbh! get your car up on ramps, take off the original exhaust, and do the reverse with your new one! :) will probably need to get a new exhaust manifold clamp (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b175954d I know that's not for clio but should fit cuz it's 69mm like mine :) ) because i did, old one wouldn't go back on due to being too small after being so tight for years, so bought a new one and job was a gooden. It's really straight forward when you look back! any more questions PM me :)

Thanks a lot lad, considering getting it soon, just didn't want it to be a pain to fit.

how do! these arrived today, didn't get round to fitting due to weather and my garage being filled with utter s**t! Just need to get another d2s bulb (broke one) and six screws to screw the ballasts on, just need to find the right screws. This sunday is the deadline for the clio to be finished! so this weekend, keep a look out for the finished product! for now!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ph2 Meg 225
Deadline for everything??? I've hopefully got some coilovers for coming for the weekend if the buyer accepts my price. FINGERS CROSSED so I can finally slam it ;)

Deadline for everything??? I've hopefully got some coilovers for coming for the weekend if the buyer accepts my price. FINGERS CROSSED so I can finally slam it ;)

yep! will be officially finished this weekend! aiming to be anyway! But probably might do something else to it in a couple months but see it how it goes! and sweet yeah will be good! get spacers too!!

yep! will be officially finished this weekend! aiming to be anyway! But probably might do something else to it in a couple months but see it how it goes! and sweet yeah will be good! get spacers too!!

nice man! if ever you have to get rid of your rear bumper for some reason... hit me up! cant seem to find anyone selling one :(

hello! so the day has come.. Benga is pretty much finished for now! in the future I might had the odd thing here an there and probably will post it on here, so still keep an eye out! So, colour coded bits are on, xenon headlights are on, new number plates and wind deflectors are also on. :D As of the start of next year, I'm saving for another car to work on for a year or so, sadly not another Clio, as I'd feel like I'm buying the same car again.. but quicker. So I've come to the decision I'm probably going to purchase myself a VW Corrado 1.8 16v! Love them!

So Pictures! Car wasn't cleaned when i took the pics, except for the last one!

003sb.jpg

004dtl.jpg

005oem.jpg

006ymo.jpg

007x.jpg

008sc.jpg

009niu.jpg

010un.jpg

011rg.jpg

012ve.jpg

TT QS
Looks fantastic! We're the lights hard to do I fancy a set myself...
and as for the corrado. 1.8? Vr6 is the only way :p

Looks fantastic! We're the lights hard to do I fancy a set myself...
and as for the corrado. 1.8? Vr6 is the only way :p

cheers man! and noo not really adjusters are annoying but can be done with patients! and i wish buddy, insurance rememberrr! unless i manage to find a cheap one and of course i'll jump straight in!

1.2 16v clio
how much did u get the wind deflectors for as im getting fed up of getting wet if the window is down and its raining

Clio 1.2 16v
allright pal ive just read through all 19 pages and watched your car transform it looks absaloutly asmaing now pal you can tell a lot of hard works gone into it i really like it well done :)

been an absolute while since I've been on here! come to tell you, these beautiful number plates have to come off. :( no borders or saying where the plates are from and the front one being cut down is likely to get me pulled over and I rather not go through that hassle and get myself a £60 fine! so they're being taken off and replaced with new standard plates. but keeping these still but will used for show or being cheeky and using them now and then as it's just a case of taking them off the velcro and swapping in seconds! also gunna give the clio a bit of a change mid next year! coilys and bbs reps.. so look out for that as it will be on here :)

TT QS
I cannot believe the number plate thing. I've had a tiny front one and now a cs size one and they've never batted an eye lid at me ever. Saying that ill get pulled now lol.
Why will mods be affected?

lol at velcro... hello number plate thief, whacks it on his car, speeds and you get the points!

yes to coilys and bbs reps!
a lot of people do it on here iirc! heavy duty velcro that is. but still i see where you're coming from. but a clio number plate on a different car say a corsa or something would it still effect?

so yeah might get reps and coilys, not sure but probs gunna do it.

Ph2 Meg 225
I've only mentioned springs but they've only made it about 50 quid dearer. I asked insurance companies why it's so dear and they said because of my age it's too risky! I had one quote me other day and then a couple of days later decided they think I'm going to be a boy racer and now won't insure me hahaha cheapest I've had is about 5300 :(

I cannot believe the number plate thing. I've had a tiny front one and now a cs size one and they've never batted an eye lid at me ever. Saying that ill get pulled now lol.
Why will mods be affected?
I know, but once IF they spot my plate and know it's illegal, they'll start to look deeper for other bits on my car as they'll try do you for whatever they can find!

Ah yes hello! Been ages. Nothing done to the car since my last post on here! But got awesome MOT news... Yes it passed, and had no advisories! Saaaay whuut! january this was though, forgot to wack it on here! Will be back soon!

getting cup spoiler and 172 wings and skirts. oh dayum. never thought i'd want skirts and wings! looks like i'm gunna be active again on here!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Next one's an Exeter Barn Owl meet, may well be the first one we head down to Exmouth this year too, Friday 12th, us Plymouth lot usually meet at Morrisons Outland Road, at about 7:15-7:30 ;)

Hopefully I'll be driving my 1.2, so you shouldn't be the only one there.

Next one's an Exeter Barn Owl meet, may well be the first one we head down to Exmouth this year too, Friday 12th, us Plymouth lot usually meet at Morrisons Outland Road, at about 7:15-7:30 ;)

Hopefully I'll be driving my 1.2, so you shouldn't be the only one there.
cool man. will look into it! i have my driving test on the 11th haha!! and yes, quite slack on my theory so it's delayed me a few months which i didn't plan ;)