ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight engine judder

i have just purchased an absolutely mint 172, but i was wondering who else’s car ‘judders ever so slightly’ when the car is idle ling, by the term ‘judder’ i am referring to when one can feel the engine turning over, through the floor of the car/chasis.

i am asking this question because i have owned cars with both the v-tec and z-tec engines, and the power plants on these vehicles seemed to be more refined, i suspect that the engine ‘judder’ is due to the 172 engine being so powerful.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
I think its due to the agresive engine map, well mine does it and so does my mates so i rekon its normal

www.renparts.co.uk
you mean vibration, yes its pretty common. Not really bad though. They idle a bit lumpy, especially when cold.

Clio 172 phase 2 cup
Yes the 1*2 idle quite lumpy hence why you can feel vibration. Vtecs feel smoother as they use a more sensible cam lobe untill v tec comes in and locks a pin onto the high performance lobes

Yes the 1*2 idle quite lumpy hence why you can feel vibration. Vtecs feel smoother as they use a more sensible cam lobe untill v tec comes in and locks a pin onto the high performance lobes

the v-tec engine on my old cars so was quiet...that i often forgot that it was even on...lol