ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slighty miffed

Clio 172 (flame red)

Went up to Leeds at the weekend and was on me way back down to Peterborough going along the m62 when I saw the motorway police in my mirrors,obvioulsy I slowed down (not that i was tanking it!). Next thing I know he has pulled me over and given me 3 points and a 60 quid fine.....

Guess what speed..... 78.5 mph.. I simply cant believe it. He put down on the provider that I was in excess of the speed limit in the range on 78-90...?????

He must have been having a seriously bad day, probably found out that his daughter was pregnant or something!

thats well harsh! my missuss dads a copper and he told me "normally" they allow 10% of your speed limit plus 2 mph...

70mph limit = 79... but this depends on the copper and whether he is in an ars*y mood...

he must have been p*ssed that the the donut shop was closed!!! LOL!

Unlucky mate.

Bloody hell, im still within my 2 years of lience cant afford any points. i always though driving at 80 i would be safe from them..... :confused:

for u to be clocked at 78.5 your speedo must have been reading close to 85 tho to be fair, if your clocks had been displaying 78.5 then you would have been doing around 71-71 which would have been well inside the limit. Did u check his car had been fully checked in the last 24hours? as if it hadent the reading cannot be accurate the vehicles have to be checked every 24hrs or did have to be a few yrs back

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I would have told him thats its no wonder nobody has any faith in the law.

While he was writing the ticket, Ill guarantee others went past you doing more than that.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 20 April 2004

seriously sp50 aint much to worry about
It cost me on my insurance. :mad:

Not looking forward to the pending SP30 now either.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Its the fact that after your first few points youre now on tenterhooks and have to be extremely cautious as you cant afford more.

yeh 172 speedos are very accurate id say on mine reading 80mph would be an actual 78.5

bad luck that as id have thought up to 80 and you should be ok

Ford Fiesta

the road policing group are there to do a job, you cant blame him for giving you the ticket for speeding when you were. Yes all officers are different and some wouldnt have given you the ticket, it all depends on surrounding circumstances. Id say for you to get 3 points at 78MPH its a bit harsh yes, but still the law says 70mph. you are right in the 10% + 2 MPH guesty 182.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 21 April 2004

It cost me on my insurance. :mad:Not looking forward to the pending SP30 now either.
an sp30 Lee? when was that one then?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 21 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 21 April 2004

It cost me on my insurance. :mad:Not looking forward to the pending SP30 now either.
an sp30 Lee? when was that one then?
December the 28th in Wales mate, driving Emmas 172 not mine. Its still pending and Im contemplating taking it to court.

The West Yorks police are very keen on nicking speeding motorists.

My dad recently got done for doing 33 in a 30... Apparently the copper was a complete arse too and gave him a lecture.

Obviously more interested in making a quick buck than catching the real crims...

Subaru WRX/BMWe30 Touring

Know how u feel malibudave. Just got nicked for speeding last week - caught by a plod in a van over the motorway with a speed camera. Letter came through on Friday and thought they were rtp as am getting prosecuted for doing 81mph. After reading ur comment maybe dont have that much to complain about after all!