ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed the Cup

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
:dapprove:

Bought a pair of Xenons from Bloooor last week and thought I might as well re-sprayed the front bumper, bump strips and mirrors (minor scuffs and stonechips) while I was waiting for them to arrive. The car was sitting in my Dad's bodyshop until last night when I finally got the car back together and detailed. This morning my Dad reversed his Nissan Navara into the side of my car, destroying the rear quarter panel and door.

I'm gutted to say the least. Totally gutted. I've never had an accident, and certainly not in Sonic. It was such a pointless one too. I think my Dad was expecting me to fly of the rails, but I never said a word at the time. Which was pretty damn akward considering I work with him, but I realised it wasn't all bad. Anyway. I'm pretty fortunate being in the bodyshop repair business I guess, and we ordered my new wing, door and Cup badges (as the previous ones were glued on). I think guilt got the better of him as h's offered to do a few more bits to the car. A plus point is a major extension on rust. I'm paranoid about it. The inside wheel arch was starting to corode, due to stonechips, so it eliminates that problem. The door also had a very shallow dent that was barely worth getting fixed before all this, but was a bit of an annoyance when the car was detailed and taking pictures. So again, that problem will be gone.

The parts arrive from Renault tomorrow, so we're going to get stuck in. I'll take pictures tomorrow of the damage/progress and post here purely for people to see the work that goes into things like that. I'm sure alot of you will find it interesting. The cost of the damage was £850+vat.

Clio
not all bad mate

my clio had the front end ripped off by a turkish lorry the start of the year and now has a complete new front end and respray and looks just like the day i picked it up from renault

53 Clio's & counting
look at it this way mate your in the best position to get it fixed, imagine if it was out on the road throught someone you didnt know,going though insurance etc etc