ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoke filled Cup!

I've not been near the clio for a few weeks, sitting in the drive on a Solar trickle charger. About 1/2hr ago the alarm went off, Emma went out to have a look and saw nothing but said there was a funny smell. Went out and could smell an electrical burning smell, opened the bonnet, all seems fine, looked into the car and it was filled with smoke!!! Oh no, my new seats! Opened the drivers door and smoke was billowing out of the door card, I can still taste it! Disconnected the battery and stripped the door to find this......
17EC629E-25F2-4E26-9D29-B0E3A43ADFC3_zps2jzanj8c.jpg

Door mirror adjuster switch is melted, so lucky this didn't happen earlier in the day when no one was here, still, little Clio cried for help and it's sorted.....think I'll leave the battery disconnected now though :)