ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoked Rear Clusters// Colour Coding...

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Are smoked rear lights popular among you guys?

Looking at a few of the pics on various profiles, some have them on, and luckily nothing with the tacky 'lexus styled' which leads me to believe none of your are common :p ;) [Save those for the Lexus', or 'Lexai' !?]

Is there anyone on the forum or a reliable source where you chaps purchase these from?
Must say I do like dark/black rear lights, and will probably purchase a set soon.

Also, how much would colour coding be and where would the best place be to look to have this done at, I'm based in Rushden in Northamptonshire, and have an 03' 1.6 Dynamique, and wouldn't mind the black door stripes and rear bumper etc coated to be colour coded in deep red to match the body/chasis work? :)

Cheers,

Pete.

Ok, the smoked rear clusters not popular with Clio owners im guessing?

Also, isn't the door strips and bumper segments not a popular spraying subject?

Really need bit of a pointer here. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Also, isn't the door strips and bumper segments not a popular spraying subject?

^Definatley get them colourcoded mate, looks much better IMO.

Daz,

That looks awesome tbh mate. Exactly what i had in mind.

How much was that then? Also, your top strip on the rear bumper, could i get that done too as mines identical colour to yours :) AND, you've helped me with rims as would love a set of 182 8 spokes, and they look pretty smooth on your dynamique :cool:

Have you had it lowered quite a bit as they look about 18" those wheels :eek: :D

Ta,

Pete.

MK1 Clio 16v
You can get tinting spray to spray your existing rear lights if you wish, or you can buy them already tinted from somewhere..

Definately colour code though!

Yeah would rather get them done, im not sure how skilled you need to be to do the existing ones!?

I have a site with them on at home for £90 inc P&P, k-tech or something... At work atm though.

Colour coding has interested me loads. A must have :)

Daz, have you considered colour coding the top part of the rear bumper?

You had any quotes for that and how much were the door panels?

Thanks,

Pierre.

Da

Less
Cheers Pete, yeah I have thought about the rear black insert and also the front, but I quite like the black on them as it works well with my black/red theme :approve: Mine is lowered yep mate, it's 60mm all round, ride is quite harsh but I'm sorting that ;) The strips and handles I bought ready painted, but in silver. They cost me about £30 from ebay. I then paid about £60 for them spraying so ll in about £100. Had the mirror covers done too but that done previously.

I once got quoted for doing everything, strips, bumpers, handles and mirrors that came to around £400 so I politely declined the offer! In reality the rear and front bumper strips are quite a pain as they have the 'bobbled effect' which would need sanding down before paiting, unless you can source some that are already coded (in wrong colour).

Clio 182
Hi mate personally i think the smoke LED lights look well, ive got Dynamique 1.2 16v in electiric blue, I got mine off ebay £129.99
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clio-LED-Rear-Black-lights-172-V6-1-4-1-2-16V-Sport-All_W0QQitemZ220013486330QQihZ012QQcategoryZ108785QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem these are normally £149.99
I have had mine colour coded which included: Door handles, front and back bumber, grill done in silver, Side strips and the 16v badges done in silver, and the dash inserts and gear knob done in a shinier silver and another set done in blue, I also bought some plain side skirts off ebay which they primed and sprayed, I was quoted £650.00 plus vat from a place that renault recomended but managed to get it done for £350.00 and it looks mint, That was a place called Arena Panel and paint in sheffield

Good luck with it matey

Hey Saz,

Those lights look a bit robo cop ish, I like subtle mods, nothing too 'look at me'.
Cheers for the heads up though. I literally just want my standard ones a bit darker, again fitting in with the black + deep red theme I want for my car.

£350 is a bit excessive.
I was quoted £200 to have the whole of my front and rear bumper sprayed on my old punto, so surely the bumpers alone must be less than that at a reasonable sprayer?

Thanks,

Pete.

1.6 Si
Out of all the "Lexus" style lamps - I think these type look the best - they are dark tho (if thats the look you are going for)/

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 72
Naa, more the normal with a smoked tint, thats all im after really.
Lexus are a big no no in my book, ill leave those for the lexus... Can't stand seeing them on other cars.

Darkened like the ones above are cool, but with just the standard bulb's and layout, or maybe LED's without looking chavvy...
K-Tech do them, and theyre dead sweet on there. £80.

Thanks,

Pete.

1.6 Si
I think this type of dark one is the closest you are going to get to the originals without looking too Lexus-like. Think the darker lights go very well with black bumpers.

Attachments

• rl2.jpg
    rl2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 76
Old thread I know, but would those smoked ^^^ ones not be illegal? Look very dark!
I was thinking a very light black tint, almost a soft layer to grey them out a bit?
Thanks,

Pete.

S13
Old thread I know, but would those smoked ^^^ ones not be illegal? Look very dark!
I was thinking a very light black tint, almost a soft layer to grey them out a bit?
Thanks,

Pete.

Only if the light output is significantly reduced or if the reflectors are covered up iirc.

It's easy enough to spray over your current lights, do light coats with half hour or so between them in a dry and warm place and they should come out fine, just don't go over the top or spray from too close.