ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smooth shiny paintwork WITHOUT polishing

I want to give my car a damn good clean on the weekend as I have not had a proper drive of her for a few weeks and I feel like I am neglecting her.

Is there any easy way to get the paintwork gleaming WITHOUT polishing it ? It would also be good if this lasted longer than a 10 minute drive too.

What products should I be looking to use ? It is an 02 MKII 172.

I have used Turtle Wax polish in the past but it takes forever to polish it from top to bottom.

Cheers for any advice peeps !

Dai

I find if you use a decent polish and do it really well... you only need a quick misting of detailing spray for many months afterwards... I use S100 products... they seem to last a long time...

Or you can buy some Mer... or wash and wax something like that.. add it to the water when you wash the car... then chamois the car off.. voila... shiney car

Christ im sure this said without ploishing.

There is a product out called Demon Shine, claims you add it to a bucket of water, pour over the car and cahmois it off. I got a bottle for free, but havent had chance to use it to rate it yet.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Mer shampoo works well - last about a week before it starts looking dull. You just wash / leather the car as normal.

Dont be so bloody lazy anyway ;)

None of this makes any difference, only costs you money, this is my personal view. Ive had numorous black cars which are the worst in the world to keep clean. All you need to do is use a good wash n wax in your water, then rinse thoroughly then get a bucket with warm water only half full and a good shammy leather. The ones from Autoglym are the best, keep the cloth clean with the warm water and keep rinsing before you touch the paint work and go round and buff the whole car dry.. This will make your car gleam trust me.

Yeah I use the Autoglym stuff as well usualy just the shampoo give it a good old leather down afterwards and stick a bit of instasnt tyre dressin on the tyres, every once in a while shes treated to a full waxing afterwards, works for me

Czone knows the score!

Mines silver but i think you can always notice how well or bad you have done with a black, i think the red and silver hide neglect well!!!

But not me, oh no! my little baby gets a good hr every weekend... along with them damn Leggeras which are a nightmare to clean. But they get taken off the car and cleaned properly every fortnight...

I will try some Autoglym stuff then, trip to Halfords tomorrow me thinks !

I will take a look at their offers on holiday stuff too as Pete_172 said they had some good deals which I will need to get for Spa and the ring in September.

Mike, it is not about being lazy ! I wish ! Just have no spare time at the moment ! LOL !

Also, I dont have the problem of keeping a black car clean anymore as my car is Monaco Blue !

:D

i just went to makro and got a massive tub of turte wax and shampoo thing! wash it with that and shammy it! simple!

At the moment I am using Halfords own shampoo and it isnt the best, not bad but I wanna get some better stuff and wax my baby up ! Oooo-er missus !

:oops:

Meguiars Gold Class shampoo (orangey colour) is the best Ive used for making the car look shiny.

I also polish and wax my car regularly though, and apparently it doesnt strip the wax etc off, so it keeps it looking nice :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 14 May 2004

Mer shampoo works well - last about a week before it starts looking dull. You just wash / leather the car as normal.

Dont be so bloody lazy anyway ;)
dats wat i do!

[Edited by David on 14 May 2004 at 2:53pm]

I would NEVER shop at halfords!!!

And i never said that it was crap!!! i just said i had never heard of it!

Suppose its preference but im always up for trying new stuff...

Vee dub

Yeah the Meguiars Gold class products are QUALITY!

I used to use autoglym but got persuaded to try Meguiars and im not dissapointed! (autoglym is good too tho)

Tom

you should buy autoglym ultra gloss protection. I put it on my car once and every time i wash my car (shampoo only) now it absolutly gleems without using any wax. Only thing is thou when u put this gloss on you gota leave it on for 30-45mins b4 u buff it off, But the good point is its lasted me over a month now so its worth it.

buy zymol - takes a few hours but after first application can be done in 15 minutes if you apply yourself.

no other product like it ! http://www.zymol.co.ukwww.zymol.co.uk and choose concours wax - unbelieveable finish and so much better than halfords stocked products -

I use some stuff out of a white can called profesional car polish :D My mates family own chemical factory that produce car polish and various cleaners for car garages and othe makers etc

He sells the kits cheap before that i used to use autoglym or Mer, Mer used to be easy but i remember Autoglym being hard work lol

I think if you give it a good polish then you should be able to just keep up to it with a good wash wax

Danny

[Edited by dannyb on 15 May 2004 at 11:57am]

[Edited by dannyb on 15 May 2004 at 11:58am]

i read somewhere that some company has come up with this stuff u mix in a bucket, pour over the car, then drive away,and hey presto your car has that just polished look!!think ill give that a miss thanks :p

guys if you are looking for a great deep shine and easy cleaning of the car you have to spend the time first time round preparing the car.you should be looking at least minimum 8 hours.you will need to do the following stages

wash the car

clay block the car

polish out any scratches

clean the paint of old oxidized paint and of old products used on the paint

then use a cleaner carnauba wax

then a sealer and glaze to start sealing the paint

then carnauba wax *3 times

then i top off with mothers reflections*7 to gain a super slick finish

once you have done this just enjoy the deep shine .when dirty wash with mothers car wash and see the water run from your car.

i know this for many of you seems like hard work but the results will make you very proud of your car