ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoothing off the mouldings on a mk3, really considering it, opinions?

I just saw a black new shape corsa smooth with no door strips and thought it looked smart as... always thought about how it would look on my black 3dr mk3, now really considering it as the mk3 isnt TOO far off the new corsa, gave me a rough idea...

What do you all think about it? Reckon it would be nice?

Also how much would it cost roughly to smooth 2 door strips and 2 small ones under the tail lights.

Cheers buddies.

C

clvs2222

would need a full re-spray to get perfect. looking at about £300 to get get it smoothed in and about £1200 for a tidy re-spray. photoshop it mate, ull get an idea how it looks like then.

I wouldnt get it resprayed lol I know someone who's a cracking painter

keep in mind im getting a new set of wheels very soon

I think it's alot nicer..

C

clvs2222

depends how good of job you want. with re-spraying, you only get what you pay for.

dont like just the doors done. i think smooting is a all-or-nothing thing, you cant just do bits!
your choice though dyno

Looks good imo..gonna get my mk2 done soon.
Makes me laugh that the door strips are ment to help with doors bumping..but they dont so why have them.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
im pretty sure the corsa strips are just stuck on, ie pop off and get rid of any glue residue

SLK250 CDI
Great..until some c**t opens their door into the side of your car.

The Corsa ones are just stuck on. Think the car looks better with the strips and the since they used to be colour coded... guess Vauxhall realised they could save a lot of £ if they just stopped fitting side strips completely.

White Sti Hatch
Ask Strom as its the route hes taking his done....Im in the middle of getting prices for getting the rear smoothed and considering getting the front bump strips smoothed in too but itll be costly i think....I wouldent do the side strips unless your gonna get the handels smoothed in also just looks odd....Still each to there own mate