ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snappy is such a tease....

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Unwrapped it from the nice padded bag it came in, darn things still all shrouded in mystery! adds to the event though :)

Cheers Andy, another top job and I couldn't be happier!

DSC_4420_zpsdf265f02.jpg

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Snappy and you Coops!!!!

Come along get it opened up :clap:

Hoping for mine soon :approve:

Pat

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
finished article, and bonus points achieved as well as my C/F thumbgrips fit lovely :)

DSC_4421_zpsa560435f.jpg

DSC_4422_zps175c63ee.jpg

DSC_4423_zps5e3ff44f.jpg

DSC_4424_zps68815dad.jpg

DSC_4427_zpsd09e9429.jpg

DSC_4426_zpscc9bbdf1.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
excuse the camera phone as well, I will get some decent pics when I fit it over the weekend :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh noes. It was going so well, then you fit the carbon thumb grips. If you'd just had it finished in perforated leather it'd have been mint. :nono:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looks champion!

Personally I prefer it without the carbon grips

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
This is the only way to go for a 1*2 Steering Wheel. Snappys work is awesome and I still love mine, it really does transform the overall 'look and feel' of the interior. Looks amazing mate (as expected) I still need to see the wheel fitted to make a final decision on wether those carbon thumb grips work or not..

All that lovely workmanship and you've made it look like a Playstation wheel with those grips.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Oh noes. It was going so well, then you fit the carbon thumb grips. If you'd just had it finished in perforated leather it'd have been mint. :nono:

Don't worry champ,they only pop over the grips snappy did,totally reversible for those of a more understated demeanour ;)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Do the CF grips just fit over?

what do you secure then with?

shame the Thumb Grip material looks great

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yep they pop over and as they are fairly snug fit they just 'clip' on. I have lined the back of them with some silver duct tape to aid the fit and protect the snappy grips from the abrasive back of the un coated carbon weave

That makes it slightly better, I thought you'd slapped glue all over the grips to stick them on!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
cool

so need to get my spare wheel done!!!

with red stitch tho, to match the brakes that are going red lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
That makes it slightly better, I thought you'd slapped glue all over the grips to stick them on!

Christ man, give me some credit, I'm not a total philistine! car parts depreciate enough without cracking the araldite out and sticking stuff on a la 90's bodykits ;)

I thought that too, thought that was glue on the wheel in the last pic.

Looks better without but if it ties in with the rest of the dash then fair play.

Pics of full dash with new wheel.

Arctic 182
Looks abit Chavy tbh.....

I'm sorry but how can it 'look chavy'??? I'm pretty sure it isn't (and can't) wear a pair of old dirty Nike Air Max's, Lacoste joggers & an old baseball hat.....

That word is tossed around far too much on here IMO & has lost all meaning. Far be it from anyone to do ANYTHING different or a bit lairy & not be called a f**king chav. I'm sure no one on here is (and wants to be) classed as a chav. The majority of us care about our cars, don't abuse them, have loads of self respect & have jobs instead of reproducing like rabbits & scrounging from the system. Rant over...

Apologies to the OP, & on topic the wheel looks amazing!!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry but how can it 'look chavy'??? I'm pretty sure it isn't (and can't) wear a pair of old dirty Nike Air Max's, Lacoste joggers & an old baseball hat.....

That word is tossed around far too much on here IMO & has lost all meaning. Far be it from anyone to do ANYTHING different or a bit lairy & not be called a f**king chav. I'm sure no one on here is (and wants to be) classed as a chav. The majority of us care about our cars, don't abuse them, have loads of self respect & have jobs instead of reproducing like rabbits & scrounging from the system. Rant over...

Apologies to the OP, & on topic the wheel looks amazing!!

Hook line and....

Lol