ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snett Testing

Turbos.
Here are some pics from Thurs/Fri testing before the race weekend. Will get round to a race report once i've sorted all the photos!

Bit of a damp start, glad i was in the Elise rather than the NSX as it was hella greasy!

Img_0854.jpg

Img_0857.jpg

It dried up after lunch, but the NSX started making a bit of noise.

P1080220.jpg

Img_0857.jpg

Agreed with the engine guy to pack up, we think it is valve clearances when hot.

P1080219.jpg

P1080232.jpg

Img_0869.jpg

Img_0891.jpg

So i spent the afternoon swapping sessions with a pro, comparing datalogging and eventually got down to a 2min8sec on the new circuit.

Img_0871.jpg

P1080226.jpg

Couple of shots on track
Ft3g0093.jpg

Ft3g0073.jpg

Car put away for the next day's qualifying...
Img_0895.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Amazing cars.... Very jealous.

Is reliability likely to be an issue with the NSX?

Turbos.
Thanks!

NSX is bound to have teething problems, everything on it is basically new and untried. Valve clearances are by a few thousandths of an inch, and as its only dealt with the heat of a dyno beforehand, the extra stress of actually being used doesn't come as too much of a surprise.

Oil Burner
Looks good Rob. The Elise defiantly looks more standard in its new guise, but still great.

I forgot you were at Snet today, otherwise i would of headed over, looking forward to the race report.

Thoughts on the 300 layout?

Turbos.
I was 1.5 seconds away from him...

After getting to learn it, have to say the new layout is fantastic fun. A good mix now.

nhb ep3
I take it you have had a bit of a change of heart, regarding your previous opinion of the new Snett layout?

Re: Snetterton 300 aerial photos
Thanks for the vid, but the circuit looks s**t! The second corner was one of my favourites... late-as-you-dare braking, entering with with oversteer, cutting the corner and trying not to use much run off for the best run up the straight.... now ruined! Just a sequence of identical corners with nothing challenging :dapprove:​

I was 1.5 seconds away from him...

After getting to learn it, have to say the new layout is fantastic fun. A good mix now.

Not bad for a circuit that looks s**t and has identical corners that don't challenge you! ;)

Cars look awesome dude, love the NSX.

Golf GTD Mk7
Very nice mate. Some serious coin in those. Look amazing. How the hell do you get them on a trailor? Ground clearance is F1 style.lol.

Turbos.
The Elise isn't bad, all the panels are quick release! However, normally they go on a race transporter so its not normally an issue!

Yeah, i take it back about the new circuit...lol. Always different when you drive it!

Chris, the car sounds a bit quiet at the moment but it is a beautiful sound. Just need to take some baffling out of the exhaust then it will be singing properly...

Unfortunately just been told the NSX's engine has to come out and stripped, so won't be racing it this weekend.

Lotus Elise
Cars look brilliant, hope you get the NSX out and about soon. Do you think the 300 circuit will be more Xbow friendly now? It was a joke before.

Turbos.
Yeah, it is nice, a shame to hide away the trumpets though!

It was Rob Barff who drove the car. He helped a lot to get a set up right for the Yokohamas. After he worked his magic, it was difficult to tell the difference between them and slicks.

Turbos.
Cars look brilliant, hope you get the NSX out and about soon. Do you think the 300 circuit will be more Xbow friendly now? It was a joke before.

Well, the straights aren't any shorter i'm afraid, but there are enough extra corners to help out the lighter cars! As ever though, its all very well being faster whilst on your own, but when you actually have to overtake cars, its another story! Its too easy for bigger cars to block.

The track isn't that wide, so it doesn't help, but there is the second hairpin which is a good overtaking place. What was Russel (final chicane) is now not really an overtaking place, you have to get past at the entry of Corum.