ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so i hit a badger....

Monaco Blue 172
and apart from cracking my bumper and mashing my lower grille, my radiator is a bit bent and a silver pipe that sticks down beside the fog light... no coolant leaks tho so am i ok to keep running?

and yes, the poor beast died :cry: feel awful, it was so cute :(

Monaco Blue 172
i'm usually quite good at spotting them, but this one just pottered out in front of me as i rounded a bend in the road... nothing i could do :( it wasnt far from my house either so i've had to drive past the "body" twice already :dead: guilt!!!

B

Brown.

aww. i hit a rabbit and it ate my splitter... but they are cute apart from that f**king ba**ard c**t f***s

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Badger.gif

Found that in a visitors centre in Balmaha :D

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Sami said:
Lol you're not gonna get arrested for accidently hitting one in your car are you :p

Hit & Run, fled the scene of an accident then kept driving by it days later :rasp:

Badgers are probably a protected species.

I would expect badger fans want to know the whereabouts of their furry friends.

badgerspin.gif

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i feel proper shan when i see roadkill :( saw a squirrel today, and a seagull yesterday.

gutted.

tiTTy & SV650
Day said:
Badgers are probably a protected species.

I would expect badger fans want to know the whereabouts of their furry friends.

badgerspin.gif

PMSL one of the few times LOL actually means Laugh Out Loud, quality

Meh, I hate seagulls, from my time in Plymouth, such noisey b******s.

Although, when there was an infant one, which must've fallen from the nest and couldn't fly yet used to just walk about in the car park for my building I used to feed it from my window 'cause I felt sorry for it. Didn't want it to get eaten 'cause it was young lol.

I'm dumb.

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Should probably be moved to general now :p
My friend and I saw a guy phoning the RSPB because someone had just smacked one with their car and drove off. Couldn't tell what type of bird it was, didn't look too common

Monaco Blue 172
Danlp6 said:
pheasant took my laguna splitter!

if you want me to have a look at it jools to make sure its ok, feel free to ask.
cheers dude i might well take u up on that! gonna try and get some pics of the damage in a bit.

mods move this to general if u want, but i am asking a mechanical question!! i didnt ask for all the guilt-trip bullshit that ppl have posted tho :dapprove:

re: whether its "illegal" to kill badgers i doubt it as farmers have been pressuring the govt to start a badger cull for many years because they supposedly spread bovine TB, altho there is no conclusive evidence that this is the case. obviously its illegal to deliberately mistreat animals, but this was a total accident and i feel bad enough about already thank you very much.

VRS
carbon copy said:
andy (makavelli) smooshed one good and proper.

a lot of damage it did too!

yep i did :(

feel for you matey, i got a smashed bumper and fog light, lower grill, under tray, bent radiator and air con condensor!
carcrash001.jpg

hope you get it all fixed! :)

andy

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
that is the funniest thing you have ever posted day.............

hope you get it all sorted jools.....was this in nunny yeah or on the main road

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
As a Representative for badger beer (oldest family run brewery in the uk):approve: , i hope the badger was laid to rest correctly, i shall have a few pints of Badger First gold tonight in his memory.------end pimping:cool: :cool:

And on the subject of legality it is not illigal to run over a badger, however it is to illigal to not report it to the police. Classed as fleeing the scene and you WILL have a fine to pay if sombody has reported it. happened to my next door neighbour!:eek: :eek:

Monaco Blue 172
the police? seriously? what are you basing that on? i know u have to report hitting a dog but not a cat... but badgers? i dont think they have the time really, too busy organising drug busts etc according to their website. if i'd known they gave a damn I would have dialled 999 at the scene. but i will try to inform them anyway... i have emailed the badger trust already, none of the badger-related websites i've been to mentioned informing the police tho?

Last edited:
  Monaco Blue 172
well i've emailed them anyway. they might get back to me once they've finished locking up east somersets drug barons...!

Monaco Blue 172
makavelli said:
yep i did :(

feel for you matey, i got a smashed bumper and fog light, lower grill, under tray, bent radiator and air con condensor!

hope you get it all fixed! :)

andy
s**t man that looks worse than mine did! :eek: how much did it set u back to replace the radiator? altho if i can get away with not doing it then i probably wont bother... donate the money to badger trust instead!!

VRS
jooliona said:
sh*t man that looks worse than mine did! :eek: how much did it set u back to replace the radiator? altho if i can get away with not doing it then i probably wont bother... donate the money to badger trust instead!!

i dropped on with the radiator and found one off ebay from a 182 which was being broken for spares :D
cost 75 instead of summut silly like 400 for the radiator and air con condensor unit :D

Monaco Blue 172
Zmaster2k said:
yup, not 999, just ring your local station.
inform them of the time and the location.
thats it :)
Thank you for your recent email. There is no requirement to report this as an accident. A badger is not defined as an animal which meets the criteria to record it.
If the carcass of the badger is on the road then highways will clear the road.
Thanks

doesnt sound like they give two s***s really!!! :quiet: