ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some cup & 172 question

Hi basically, what are the major differences between the cup and 172? is it that the cup is the rally version? are there exterior differences?

My brother wants a mk 1 172, what are the probs ect?

When was the Cup introduced?

Why does the cup say 172 on the back when the 172 doesnt???

101 questions over!!!

Any info lads

Thanks

Rorrie

320d M Sport

right then!

do a search on here for the differences as it really has been typed up about 10 times!

Cup doesnt have 172 badges on rear, it has small "Cup 172" badges on the door pillar, cups been around since mid last year (actually due to cease production in a few months).

mk1 172 - early models have lightweight ally bonnet. Longer gearing that the mk2 models. Later mk1s dont have a functioning gear change light. Weigh about 1035kg

mk2 172 - Loads of toys like auto wipers, xenon lights, later models have traction control. Weigh about 1110kg. Shorter gearing to compensate for the extra weight. Some revisions to air intake/airbox.

m2 172 Cup - stripped out version of mk2 172. Weighs about 1021kg. No spare wheel, lighter glass, no toys, no leather, revised suspension. Believe it has the same gearbox as the mk2 172.

None of them say 172 on the back. Cups says 172 on the side door pillars. All have loads of niggley faults associated with them. All great fun. Bargins to be had with early low mileage mk1s (should be able to get them for less than £8k now). Cups can be had new for about £11k and MK2 172s new for about £12k.

Rhys

cool, so are the cars that have 172 on the back just people who have just put them on?

Will do the search!!

Thanks

Rorrie

too tell you the thruth, its not for me, and the person im asking these wuestions for isnt really that bothered about the badge i was just curious.

Rorrie