ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Fresh Pics... ***V6 Fag Wagon Content***

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
...and get those callipers sorted, you heathen! Lol.

They're so s**t, everyone I know loves them... pretend Brembos innit! :rolleyes:

Nice work mate. I do see the appeal tbh with the 3.2. I actually really like the interior :eek:. Just wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list

The interior is simply superb. No one can doubt the interior of the TT.

Thanks for the kind comments chaps. :)

Turbos.
Saw one in Asdas t'other day and thought of you. It had optional BBS wheels, but they had started to corrode and didn't sort the stance.

I was following one recently and thought it looked really narrow. I think with a small drop and spacers it would still look OEM, but MUCH better. For the record, i like your wheels...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh Fenn you charmer! No comments on the actually photography? They look professional compared with my previous efforts! :eek:

I think I like the wheels because they are V6 wheels. I need Eibachs though. That weekend killed the old savings this month! FML!

Look lovely dude! Really cripsy clean too!

I actually really like the wheels on this car, They are chunky and it goes with the image. They look great when spinning too.

Once the splitter is on and new springs it will be amaze

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Canon 1000D, friend gave me it ages ago to ***** around with. :eek: Can you tell how bad I am with a camera and Auto mode!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
QS wheels. Do like them in Silver. Shocking picture though it is Avus...

IMG_0164.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tips on driving in the snow with it CJ, just incase. Anything to note, i'm sure the Auto box will help.. possibly!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
f**k winter tyres. Faux 4WD ftfw!!!!!!

Although that thread is a CS favourite, miss the Xenon one aswell.

Tips on driving in the snow with it CJ, just incase. Anything to note, i'm sure the Auto box will help.. possibly!

I can't imagine the auto helping at all actually. It's good in the snow, just not as good as a Clio obviously.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Reminds me, I should probably sell the Clio's winter wheels and tyres now it's gone.

Lols was just thinking that reading the winter tyre thread.

I can't imagine the auto helping at all actually. It's good in the snow, just not as good as a Clio obviously.

Surely better for creeping in the auto, bit like the diesel. Clios are shat in the snow!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Really? I drove one on 15's and it was shat compared with the standard Puma. Even the Frp wasn't too bad, nice weight to the clutch and weighted steering.

The little Diesel Connect at work was proper awesome though. More to the point... Heated seats > Snow. :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My Dci was awesome, really well controlled and allowed me to do lots of silly things. I had the sport 16s with t1rs too. It didn't get stuck once. Dave came round my house at 2 in the morning when it snowed just so we could take the clio out. Mega fun haha

QS wheels look horrific.

The current ones look dated but the car deserves a decent set of wheels so either take your time choosing aftermarket or stick to these I would say.

As said in previous threads I really love the car and think it will suit your needs perfectly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
QS wheels look horrific.

The current ones look dated but the car deserves a decent set of wheels so either take your time choosing aftermarket or stick to these I would say.

As said in previous threads I really love the car and think it will suit your needs perfectly.

They sometimes look nice and then others i'm not sure. I'll go fo the Eibachs first!

An orange one
QS wheels are great but you need genuine ones with the wider rears,

Seen loads of TT's failing hard on rep QS wheels :(

I think you should lower it on those wheels first to see how it looks, as I also quite like the V6 wheels

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Missed this Kevin!

Nice pics mate, stupidly clean too. I quite fancy one.

P.S. I'm sorting you out a new avatar.

Focus Tit Est & R26
i really like the look of this Gally, the wheels look fine and oem + there in good condition too
the front plate is shocking though, would look more suited to a kids TT peddle car :)

Turbos.
Lols was just thinking that reading the winter tyre thread.

Surely better for creeping in the auto, bit like the diesel. Clios are shat in the snow!

Surely just a case of moving it over to manual mode with the gearstick and moving up to second to pull away...

My mum's Tiguan (which has Haldex) was very able and a lot of fun in the snow, and that was with summer tyres. I was driving round people like a baus, but it couldn't handle properly steep angles and braking was scary.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols, should be fun! I thought auto would be better because no acceleration required just creeps away, ie most diesels, almost rolling, obviously harder than throttle control to pull away without spinning.

Anyway Quattro ftw iirc. How much different are the new version Rob? More 4wd based or just the same?

Colour is growing on me, probably the sun/clean photos. Not keen on the wheels, but I'm a boring sod and prefer the B5 RS4 genuines on every Audi I look at (mine, dad's avant, mum's sportback etc lol).

Turbos.
Basically the difference is response time and amount of power that can be apportioned. I believe yours is the first generation, whereas mine is the 4th, so obviously things have become more efficient. The next generation (Haldex 5) is coming with the latest range of VAGs with the new modular platform.

I'm sure you already know you can improve yours (but winter tyres are cheaper!)...
http://www.hpamotorsport.com/haldex.htm

Last edited:
For 699 of your English pounds (699,000 Scottish notes)!

There's actually a chap on AudiSport who is looking into how the Haldex Gen 1 system works (hydraulics and pins, allowing flow and pressure against plates). I don't pretend to know about it, but quite an interesting read if you want me to forward it on?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Colour is growing on me, probably the sun/clean photos. Not keen on the wheels, but I'm a boring sod and prefer the B5 RS4 genuines on every Audi I look at (mine, dad's avant, mum's sportback etc lol).

Yeah i'll grab somemore interesting shots once I get the splitter fitted this week. Funnily enough I love your S3 wheels. Proper OE.

Basically the difference is response time and amount of power that can be apportioned. I believe yours is the first generation, whereas mine is the 4th, so obviously things have become more efficient. The next generation (Haldex 5) is coming with the latest range of VAGs with the new modular platform.

I'm sure you already know you can improve yours (but winter tyres are cheaper!)...
http://www.hpamotorsport.com/haldex.htm

Cheers Rob. Just interesting to know.

Z4

You don't need tips for snow driving, you'll work it out. I actually loved mine in the snow, it was probably the only time I genuinely enjoyed driving the thing! I had a proper chav time in an unused car park, managed to do donuts around a streetlamp!

Stopping in the snow is another matter, obviously, it has around 1500kg so it's a lot of metal compared to your puma!

Good looking car tbh mate, spacers and a small drop would add so much if you're planning on keeping the rims

Honda & VW
I really like TT's lately, especially love the 3.2 as my father in law has that engine in his A3.
Good choice IMO and I'm sure it will be looking close to perfection very soon.