ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some pics from the Uniroyal Fun Cup @ Oulton today

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had an extra interest in this as we have a works sponsored car in it - driven by our MD and another director...

DSCN3289.jpg

DSCN3296.jpg

Sealed VAG units - the same for all cars. 150bhp 1.8 20v engines, iirc...

DSCN3291-1.jpg

The team in the next bay had a bad idling problem - sounding really lumpy and then stalling. It seems they sorted it out after a few minutes though.

DSCN3294.jpg

The GAP car on track!

DSCN3313.jpg

...... and some of the rest of the field...

DSCN3317.jpg

Some good racing on track today - in between which, I spotted a few decent motors parked up. Uncluding a superb-detailed Triumph Rocket....

DSCN3303.jpg

DSCN3306.jpg

An RS2? Or is it an imposter? Maybe Andy can tell? ;)

DSCN3319.jpg

I had a bit of an Integrale fetish going on today, too..... :approve:

DSCN3307.jpg

DSCN3321.jpg

DSCN3322.jpg

Jain's sister was there too, with her new motah....

DSCN3328.jpg

.......complete with miniscule engine....

DSCN3324.jpg

....... and a belt that I'm sure would take no more than 5 minutes to replace... ;)

DSCN3325.jpg

The Usual Suspects next to the Fogarty Moss Centre....

DSCN3327.jpg

Finally, late afternoon, at Oulton...

DSCN3326.jpg

Good day out overall - decent weather for October too. Probably the last usage of our Season Ticket for Oulton this year..... :(

D.

Cool pics, used my last season pass for Combe yesterday as well, going to be a long dark winter!

I've never seen the Fun Cup in action, heard some good things about it though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cool pics, used my last season pass for Combe yesterday as well, going to be a long dark winter!

I've never seen the Fun Cup in action, heard some good things about it though.

Must admit m8, it's the first time I've seen a Fun Cup race in action too. It's a good balance between total racing rookies and some decent track veterans - like ex-BTCC driver Eugene O'Brien (sp?).

The other good thing is that with the relative inexpense of the cars - they aren't afraid to nudge, tap and barge past each other to gain a place. Its quite common to see bits of body-work being snapped off! :)

And with it being quite 'low key' - you can walk around the pits without anyone telling you to P.O. You can even walk around on the starting grid before the race begins.

D.

182cup & 172 racecar
I would like to get a couple of lads off of here to have a go at this,looked into it before,it looks good fun

ph1 172... Sold:(
LOL at Andrews kids (I'm guessing) crawlin all over Daddy's racing car.

Typical schoolground conversation:

"My Dad's better than your Dad"

"No he's not. My Dad's a milionaire racing driver."

"Oh, erm, ok then (sulk)."

Did you manage to wranlge a few hot laps then? And an Integrale fetish is one persuasion you definately don'thave to be ashamed of afaic. Luv'em.

nb when should I bring the kids up to see you and Jain next?

S