ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony - PS3 - Losing 'it'?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello, don't normally venture into this section much but I have been getting a little peev'd with PS3 lately.

Why are they bringing all the half decent game out on XBOX 360!? The new GTA game - exclusive to Xbox, Forza Motorsport - exclusive to Xbox, Fable series - Exclusive to Xbox, ridge racer - again exclusive to Xbox.

And now I hear that there is talk of moving some exclusive PS3 games, such as the MGS series over to Xbox aswell. The thing that is annoying me most though, is GTA. I mean I have always played GTA and have every sodding one, why decide now to make the new one exclusive:mad: It originated from the PS so it should stay with the PS - or at least a dual platform.

Yeh fair enough, we will be getting GT5 but from what I can see its not going to be much different to Forza.

PS3 is also lacking innovation... Xbox can now watch SKY movies etc etc through the console - What can the PS3 do? BBC Iplayer, WOW excuse me while I go masturbate.

Anyway, I am basically thinking of sacking off the PS3 and getting an Xbox. Main reason being, there is no longer a reason for me to own a PS3 when most of the half decent games are coming out on Xbox. What have we got to look forward to with the PS3? Nothing from what I can see - bar GT5, modern warfare 2 & assassins creed 2? The latter 2 games are out on Xbox AND will prob contain more down loadable levels/content (which again the PS3 lacks).

Fiesta ST-2
The SKY thing sounds impressive but I dont think its much use in most scenarios... I have a PS3 and I dont rate them they freeze alot I've had 3 break and the community isn't as good and we don't even get party chat.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Do it! PS3 = amazing media centre (sometimes the fan gets little loud)

Xbox 360 = BEST games console. People moan about paying £27 for xbox live over free PS3 but that £27 goes a long way when you consider the amount of stuff you get for it.

E87 118d M Sport
lol. run along and get an xbox then.

few months and there will be a thread "why did i get rid of the ps3 for this pile of cheap tack"

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Heheh - welcome to the world of "How it feels for the PC mob". ;)

Market forces my friend, nothing more, nothing less. The console types have been syphoning the PC market for years - pretty much in exactly the same way you mention with previously exclusive titles now being prioritised for the thumb-twiddlers.

When the price of a 360 is the same as a bag of chips and a few cans, there's little surprise that they are everywhere. Even though the PS3 is available for not much more, it simply doesn't have the mass of games out there to compete with the 360.

Shame really. If you want to carry the torch, I'll handle the pitchfork for the serfs rebellion march on Microsoft. ;)

D.

Titanium 182
Stop being gay and get an xbox so I can beat your sorry noob ass into the ground.

Or start playing wow, either will do so long as I can kill you :D

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Or have both of them, they both have a place in my living room due to me preferring the controls on some games on the Xbox, and some on the PS3.

Also did GTA not originate on the PC?

I only know of 2 people with a PS3, but tons with a 360. I thought about the PS3, but just didn't see any appeal with it.

I bought the 360 due to the release of Forza 2 though.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The fact is that sony just don't have the money to compete with MS anymore. Because MS can throw money at developers and people like sky, then sony don't stand a chance. Look what they did to operating systems - they are doing the same to gaming....

Titanium 182
The fact is that sony just don't have the money to compete with MS anymore. Because MS can throw money at developers and people like sky, then sony don't stand a chance. Look what they did to operating systems - they are doing the same to gaming....

Personally I don't care so long as they don't charge stupid prices and I can still play MMO's on my pc :rasp:

Astra Bertone Coupe
You have to remember that both Forza and Fable were developed by Microsoft specifically for their own consoles as a way of making them sell, if they just allowed them to be on the PS3 as well then there would be no reason (games wise) that would sway you towards the Xbox. The SKY thing is no big deal IMO as you have to pay for it the same way you would for a subscription in your own home (I think).

tbh I want GT5 to be a great game, competition is good for the end user. It helps drive quality up and prices down.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i have both, only for games, i divide them quite simply. Fighting games for ps3, xbox for everything else.

Bumder With A Buffer
Heheh - welcome to the world of "How it feels for the PC mob". ;)

Market forces my friend, nothing more, nothing less. The console types have been syphoning the PC market for years - pretty much in exactly the same way you mention with previously exclusive titles now being prioritised for the thumb-twiddlers.

^^ Got it in one.

Market forces have a huuuugge effect. Just look at what MS paid for GTA etc.

Shame really but money makes the world go round.

Personally I cant stand all the PS3 vs XBOX bashing...my dads bigger then your dad kind of thing.

"IF" I could afford it I would get an XBOX as well as a PS3 but I spend too much money on games for the PS3 anyway. Both have there good points and bad points. I didnt buy an XBOX purely down to everyone of my mates ones failing.

Repaired 20+ of those which to me is shocking. Although I have repaired a couple fo PS3 lately..laser problems that Sony wouldn't warrant.

I remember the big who-ha when GTA came out and everyone comparing the graphics between the two...WHO CARES??!! Just something for the dad geeky fanboys to argue about rather then going out and getting laid :) ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport

Why are they bringing all the half decent game out on XBOX 360!?

Try playing Uncharted DF2 on the 360!!! As for Sky Player that costs money and I have no interest in paying Sky for it, the BBC iPlayer is free and useful.

I own both consoles and I prefer gaming on the PS3.

S3, Polo
My understanding is that Sony struck a deal with Rockstar (GTA developer) that they could go multi-platform with GTA in exchange for exclusive rights to Rockstar's newest IP (Agent).

Awful promo Video.

The only IP from the Sexbox that I miss was Gears. Loved that game.

Still, PS3 has most of the games I'm interested in - Uncharted, Bioshock, Killzone 2, CoD series, GTA4, Gran Turismo 5, etc.

Let the Xbox have MGS! So what? I'm sure Sony wouldn't allow an IP like that to slip through their fingers, without some form of back-hander from Kojima...

Most of the best games I enjoy are cross-platform anyway, so this is my 'bothered' face > :boring:

:)

Last edited:
  Octy VRS
A bit of a late rant. At the moment I've actually found there to be too many decent games out to be able to catch up. Recently have the Fallout DLC and maybe the GTA DLC will come along at some point. They have announced the film download stuff too on PSN. For what I use it for it does all I want EXCEPT for a decent driving game.

GTA4 and Bioshock in that list, Bioshock was out well over a year before on the xbox and as mentioned the xbox gets more content for GTA.

Like I say I have both machines and tbh generally only buy the exclusive titles on the PS3 for the simple reason the joypad is utter toss, online isnt as good (plus I have less mates on it even if it operated better) and it's noisy as f**k.

S3, Polo
Like I say I have both machines and tbh generally only buy the exclusive titles on the PS3 for the simple reason the joypad is utter toss, online isnt as good (plus I have less mates on it even if it operated better) and it's noisy as f**k.

I agree that the joypad is shocking compared to the Xbox, but noisy? Really? Mine is whisper-quiet! :S My Xbox was so noisy that I used to have to turn the TV up to drown the whizzing/ whirring noise out!!

Motorbikes
I agree that the joypad is shocking compared to the Xbox, but noisy? Really? Mine is whisper-quiet! :S My Xbox was so noisy that I used to have to turn the TV up to drown the whizzing/ whirring noise out!!

+1, eventually installed games on hard drive to cut down the noise of the disc.

sony is supposedly loosing exclusivity on most probably its biggest title final fantasy

now that will be a great day as long as its decent lol

secc are in huge trouble financially ms has a huge abundance of cash in comparison they can and will throw cash at what ever they can.

regarding gta sony secured timed exclusivity to the last 2 release hence we had to wait over a year to get them on the first xbox

Lol at the op, up until recently xbox only had two AAAE games in the last 26 months! PS3 has had a glut of AAAE titles this year alone! They are now on a par re quality titles and the xbox had a years head start! Just get both like me ad then you can have the best of both worlds :cool:

tbh i dont go much for the aaae games the last one i got was gow2 and before that fable2 all i have played in the last year and a bit is cod4 cod5 and fallout3

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I avoid microsoft like the plague. Money does make the world go round, but doesn't necessarily make things 'better'. I bought the ps3 because its what I wanted. and does what I want it too. The only reason for me owning an xbox is Forza. But then again GT is on the way! And as regards to MGS, I was under the impression it was finished. Plus they struggled to make it to the Ps3/BD specifications. So I wish xbox luck with that. Also, pmsl at FF being the 'best' game.

Imo playstation is doing just fine. Got some decent games. An who gives a f**k about Sky Movies?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I bought a PS3 mainly because I wanted a blu-ray! Games were just a bonus for me... but I've got into them big time. Must say Uncharted 2 is possibly the greatest game I've ever played. Shame Final Fantasy isn't going to be exclusive although apparently the PS3 is getting a version with more content than the Xbox! Can't wait for that game.

I avoid microsoft like the plague. Money does make the world go round, but doesn't necessarily make things 'better'. I bought the ps3 because its what I wanted. and does what I want it too. The only reason for me owning an xbox is Forza. But then again GT is on the way! And as regards to MGS, I was under the impression it was finished. Plus they struggled to make it to the Ps3/BD specifications. So I wish xbox luck with that. Also, pmsl at FF being the 'best' game.

Imo playstation is doing just fine. Got some decent games. An who gives a f**k about Sky Movies?

im sorry but FF is one of the largest game franchises about at 85 million sales gta is 70 million

FF does nothing for me but as far as gaming is concerned it's a big deal. It's very significant for the Japanese market.

Lol Clart I do love my AAAE's :cool: oska when I said glut I meant the sheer number of top titles that the PS3 has had this year!

Dirty E91
Don't forget, the new movie download service is due at the end of the month, HD and SD versions.

Its just annoying when there's so many threads bashing the Ps3 when its been a real case of the hare vs the tortoise! All I see on this forum is xbox ftw or ps3 sux. When quietly its been churning out top game after top game rather than repackaging DLC and expansion packs.

What the f**k is with these acronyms, aaae??? ip???? Calm down geeks

172//Crap Micra//Bus
FF does nothing for me but as far as gaming is concerned it's a big deal. It's very significant for the Japanese market.

I accept that, but how does that make it the 'best'. Take Windows. The worlds most popular operating system... but, the best?