ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony - PS3 - Losing 'it'?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
ps controller owns for fighting games.

xbox has had loads gooduns too, halo is a massive franchise just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's crap. halo wars and ODST came out this year, prototype which was imo overall, much better than infamous came out aswell.

trouble with ps3 for me is that its' always about what is coming, rather than whats out now. promises promises. oh wait we'll have something much better really really soon....a year later they come out with something which is good, but not ground breaking. killzone 2 perfect example. funny how they've shut up abit recently after their wii copy wand motion stick was COMPLETELY overshadowed by project natal.... see how well sony is going to do when that comes out eh...

ps3 online still isn't' as good as it should be and without the bluray player it's nothing just a weaker version of the xbox with longer loading times, s**t loads of updates and ultimately doesn't really bring anything new to the table....

Last edited:
I watched the E3 presentations this year for Sony and MS and tbh I was cringing the whole way through. The MS was a far more slick affair, Sony looked like a bunch of awkward uni tech students turning up to show off what they'd been building over the summer.

Octy VRS
But the fact is there IS a lot coming out next year over both platforms. I really think it will be a harder choice next year. I can't remember htis time last year looking forward to anything coming out this year.

well when is bioshock 2 coming out? project natal will be great next year, fable 3? dead space 2 mayb

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
THERES A FORMULA 1 GAMME COMING OUT D:DD:D:D:DDS:F:SDFA:SDFAFasdfgdf!

eleventy1.

Golf R/Leon FR
amen to that^^

roffle @ this thread, same old xbox fan boys slating the PS3, we've heard it all before blah blah blah.

it all comes down to your own preference, what your mates have so you can play online etc.
some of the comments about ps3 exclusive titles are piss funny! as well as the ps3 is louder than the xbox?!

they are both just as good as each other, personally i prefer the ps3 over my xbox, its quieter, prefer the controller, online is free, my mates have more games to play online on the ps3. im not keen on the xbox controller but do get cramp playing on the ps3 lol

the main reason i use the xbox is for forza.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly cannot believe anyone would choose a PS3 over the xbox. If the PS3 didnt play blurays, it would be a dead duck...

Can anyone seriously complain about the pittance that XBL costs? Are you that poor? I would happily pay triple what it costs...heres a few reasons:

1. It never breaks...it always works and works well...

2. Party chat, cross game chat, multi invite etc...

3. Downloadble content - Nicely organised to download.

4. Downloadble HD Movies...

5. Arcade - thousands of classic arcade games in HD.

6. Skyplayer...

I used to be a PS fanboy, but as im a gamer and always have been, i bought the original xbox on launch and havent looked back...If PS4 came out tomorrow, id buy it as i buy all consoles (still have sealed SNES, Megadrive, Master system II and PS1) but nothing will beat the complete package the 360 offers...until the 720 arrives...:cool:

some of the comments about ps3 exclusive titles are piss funny! as well as the ps3 is louder than the xbox?!

My PS3 is considerably louder when playing games than my xbox, that's fact. I'd happily prove this to anyone who wants to drop over and hear it.

E87 118d M Sport
this is one of those situations that is never guna be resolved. by the medium of happy forum banter, or indepth scientific research. they are different consoles that do different things. each has fanboys and people that have both.

there must be 100302475827572185728710398481032948 threads online that discuss which is better, and iirc it is still not concrete evidence to which is better.

all we can say really is, which ever lasts the longest is better. surely.

E87 118d M Sport
(i was guna put this in a different thread, but kinda seems more suited to this one, so i thought id save a mod the hassle of moving it)

i have always prefered ps stuff over xbox.

ive had a ps,ps1,ps2,ps3.
my brother has had an xbox,360 premium,360elite.

my ps,ps1,ps2,ps3(original that i sold) and ps3 all still work.
the xbox broke, the 360 premium broke. (thats another matter tho)

opinions aside (cuz thats all they are, opinions) I prefer the ps3.

IMO:

-it is a better looking console. whether they are next to each other, or stand alone console, the ps3 looks like a piece of AV equipment, not a cheap tacky plastic box (careful, dont move it when a game is in, it might scratch the disc btw)
-the controller looks better, feels better and doesnt require batteries (with the addition of the little triggers for the R2+L2 buttons costing a few quid)
-the package you receive as standard is far superior (dont need to buy a wireless card, pay for online use etc)
-the psn is free. you can try and justify yourself saying that paying £30ish a year is justified, but the end of the day the psn allows me to access online content, communicate with friends, and allow online gaming)
-when you turn the ps3 on you get a well designed, sophisticated, mature looking media control. VERY good graphics, well thought out design and easy to use. (looks FAR FAR FAR better than that kiddy coloured, avatar based cartoony 360 menu)
-the exclusive games for the ps3 are better than the exclusive games for the ps3.
-the aftermarket help from sony is better than microsoft.
-the ps3 has a free blu-ray player built in (upgradable by online updates) that works flawlessly.
-the ps3 is bluetooth compatible
-it has an internet browser if needed
-MUCH more reliable

this is only my opinion. and i would own a 360elite if enough exclusive games came out, but the ps3 is a better console.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
hmm i dunno about that i mean from my experience my ps3 has broken twice, both had to go back one which was out of warranty (only get a year) was £150 to get changed....£150 f**king quid ....then it broke again. you know when you get a replacement consoles....certified by sony themselves as being sorted, you only get 3 months warranty on it.....seriously WTF.

the sony aftersales support was fine...if i wanted someone to tell me how to restart it and if not send it back and pay money. when my xbox broke (once from launch) i got another one straight away at no cost, this was 2 years after i bought it...when it's psu died, they sent me one in the post - free. just personal experience but thats my 2 cents. I'm still bitter about the £150 iiqh.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
(i was guna put this in a different thread, but kinda seems more suited to this one, so i thought id save a mod the hassle of moving it)

i have always prefered ps stuff over xbox.

ive had a ps,ps1,ps2,ps3. (there wasnt a ps1)
my brother has had an xbox,360 premium,360elite.

my ps,ps1,ps2,ps3(original that i sold) and ps3 all still work.
the xbox broke, the 360 premium broke. (thats another matter tho)

opinions aside (cuz thats all they are, opinions) I prefer the ps3.

IMO:

-it is a better looking console. whether they are next to each other, or stand alone console, the ps3 looks like a piece of AV equipment, not a cheap tacky plastic box (careful, dont move it when a game is in, it might scratch the disc btw)
The PS3 looks like a george foreman grill, the 360 looks like a game console...

-the controller looks better, feels better and doesnt require batteries (with the addition of the little triggers for the R2+L2 buttons costing a few quid)
The PS3 controller has batteries, or did you think it was fairy dust powered? They just arent removeable, which makes the 360 better, as when you lose your charge cable, or the battery will not hold charge, you can you normal AA batteries and not need a new controller...

-the package you receive as standard is far superior (dont need to buy a wireless card, pay for online use etc)
The package is also more expensive. MS release the xbox like that so you can tailor your xbox to suit your finances...If you want cheap gaming, you can do...why bundle everything together, charge more when not everyone needs hard drives and wifi...

-the psn is free. you can try and justify yourself saying that paying £30ish a year is justified, but the end of the day the psn allows me to access online content, communicate with friends, and allow online gaming)
But its rubbish, i have them both XBL and PSN and the PSN doesnt even compare. PSN is the BIGGEST let down on the console...£30 a year is nothing, and with it being a paid service, MS have to maintain a level of service and they do that. It never goes down or doesnt work, unlike PSN...

-when you turn the ps3 on you get a well designed, sophisticated, mature looking media control. VERY good graphics, well thought out design and easy to use. (looks FAR FAR FAR better than that kiddy coloured, avatar based cartoony 360 menu)
Buts its a games console...Most of its target audience are kids...so why does it need to be mature? IMO the xbox dashboard is much better thought out and it doesnt require constant updates which take forever to install..

-the exclusive games for the ps3 are better than the exclusive games for the ps3.
Wrong. Opinions on games are subjective...

-the aftermarket help from sony is better than microsoft.
Never had a problem with MS support. I have 3 xboxes total and i have had a couple of RROD in my time. They have always sorted them out within a week...for free...

-the ps3 has a free blu-ray player built in (upgradable by online updates) that works flawlessly.
The key selling point of the console. If HD dvd won the battle though that would be a different story. But IMO bluray will not last long as more people are using downloadable HD media now...

-the ps3 is bluetooth compatible
And? lol....so you can pair your cars headset? wow....:lolup:

-it has an internet browser if needed
Who turns on the ps3 to browse the net? Everyone has computers...waste of resources having a browser...(plus its s**t)

-MUCH more reliable
So all the failures sony are getting with the slim arent real then?

this is only my opinion. and i would own a 360elite if enough exclusive games came out, but the ps3 is a better console.

Just my 'opinions' nothing to do with the global sales figures or amount of players online...

(careful, dont move it when a game is in, it might scratch the disc btw)

Why would that even be worth mentioning? I really don't see that as a valid point as I personally don't go moving AV equipment of any sort about with it plugged in/operating. Even more daft to do so when something inside it is moving in this case a DVD at high RPM. It's not a CD walkman it's a static unit which isn't expected to be moved during operation. The fact that several simpletons have done so and wrecked discs IMO is down to their own stupidity not a design fault.

E87 118d M Sport
there wasnt a ps1

riiiiight.

psone.jpg

and like i said phuzion, im not going to argue, its opinion based. so dont say im wrong when its my opinion. i am an adult who wants an adult games console. i do not have a small budget, need to chat to 8 people at once about what happened at school, nor have never had any problems with any of my ps consoles (touch wood obviously).
the reason that xbox has more online players is because it has sold more units, which is beacuse A-they released it first, and B-more kids play games, and as you said, kids buy xboxs.

Last edited:
  Octy VRS
kayzee said:
Honestly... though, who cares lol.
Me obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it....and other people with PS3's. I was just pointing out that there are a lot of good games coming out next year for both consoles. Really looking forward to some as I may have more time on my hands to play them. :approve:

Nippy white cup
I was always a sony owner and was going to get the PS3 for sure....but I had a go on a 360 and the PS3 was not out for a while so plumped for the 360. The thing for me is that the PS3 was going to blow the 360 out of the water with its incredible graphics etc but I'm still waiting for these much better graphics to surface tbh...most are of similar quality. Yes the images we keep seeing for GT5 are incredible but in game apart from more cars it isn't the be all and end all that it has always promised to be

Chris

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
riiiiight.

and like i said phuzion, im not going to argue, its opinion based. so dont say im wrong when its my opinion. i am an adult who wants an adult games console. i do not have a small budget, need to chat to 8 people at once about what happened at school, nor have never had any problems with any of my ps consoles (touch wood obviously).
the reason that xbox has more online players is because it has sold more units, which is beacuse A-they released it first, and B-more kids play games, and as you said, kids buy xboxs.

You cannot call that ps one a different generation console to the playstation...otherwise the current playstaion slim would be the ps5...just becuase sony make a console smaller doesnt mean its a new console...Therefore i meant in generation terms, there has only been 3 playstations...when in fact there has been 6 technically...if you include the slims...

Oh and im an adult gamer also, so please dont incinuate im a child because i use party chat...Party chat is useful if you have quite a few online friends, which i do.... I dont have a small budget, hence the reason i have 3 xboxes, a ps3, and two wiis...
The reason the xbox has more players online, is it does the whole online thing better. If you compare call of duty 4 (cross platform) online figures, you will see more people play it on the xbox. Now, this is a title which was released whilst both PS3 and Xbox were active consoles....

Anyway, I could argue until im blue in the face on this subject, but you cannot argue with fanboys...And before you call me a fanyboy, im not, i actually have both consoles and have still got all PS's and both xboxes so im basing my opinion on actual experience...have you ever had an xbox to base your opinion on?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Lol, how many people say they have several xboxs?

'They can ban this one, I don't care. I have another 3 under the bed upstairs' ;)

Quite a few people have more than one and use them for various reasons be it more than one in the house for different family members or people who are big into Forza 2 and bought the 3 machines required along with screens/tvs for a triple screen set up.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I have one connected to my living room plasma and HD projector...this is primarily used for gaming and streaming video from my PC...i.e tv shows and movies...

I have one in my 'study'....hooked up to a 20" monitor, i use this one for capturing video..i.e recording gaming etc. I do not do this as much anymore but i used to enter competitions etc and used this rig to analyze games etc..i also use this xbox for my daughter to play lego indiana jones when she wants to...

I have one upstairs which is my sons...technically i own it but its in his room, we use this for system link co-op etc...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
From this thread I would say one thing, Xbox users have higher blood pressure :D they do well badly jump to their consoles defence! They should give one of these badboys free which each Xbox...

chill_pill.jpg

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
lol, i got a 360. bought it a year ago. its great, plays games, can go online, download stuff.

dad bought a PS3 Slim. its great, plays games, can go online, download stuff.

give a f**k tbh. as long as it isnt french.

as for 360s breaking, i think its just from people not treating them like a high tec bit of equipment.