ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony - PS3 - Losing 'it'?

E87 118d M Sport
o, i thought id post this, as obviously more xbox copies will be sold of MW2.

We got to talk with Todd Stevens of Infinity Ward today, and he had this to say about Modern Warfare 2.

"Modern Warfare 2 is set to release early this November, and will be on the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. The Playstation 3 is our leading platform for Modern Warfare 2. The PS3 version will run smoother and have slightly better visuals than the PC and 360 version. We've been working on Modern Warfare 2 ever since we released Call of Duty 4 back in 2007. We would like to thank everyone who is still with the Call of Duty 4 community. We will be releasing more information throughout the coming months, so be patient."

^^ From GDC 2009 ^^

well if the ps3 was the lead platform wouldn't IW demo the game on it rather than the 360 version if it is inferior to the ps3 version ?

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
well if the ps3 was the lead platform wouldn't IW demo the game on it rather than the 360 version if it is inferior to the ps3 version ?

If you move a PS3 it breaks iirc.

hence why they use a 360 ;)

o wait, or is it the other way round....

172//Crap Micra//Bus
thats very strange as every time they demo'd it it was on a 360

Hang on. I'm confused, so... PS doesn't get Demo's for COD?! Are you absolutely sure about that? Did you get one for MW2? Genuine question btw, no being funny.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Ah right, I see. The adverts for anything, are always Xbox. More sold, More money etc IMO.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm pleased with my PS3 as I'm a casual gamer and make more use of the Blu-ray player. However, if I had bought the PS3 solely as a games console and intended to use it as much as serious gamers do, I'd be a bit pissed off at it's lack of development tbh.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They've only got themselves to blame.

They sat on their arses getting fat off of the PS2 and GT3 et al, starving a software industry of a next gen platform so desperately needed.

So MS nip round the flank and seriously get the jump on them with the 360.

Regardless of which is technically superior, the 360 will always 'win' the battle for numbers as it's out there, just like when the PS2 owned everything as everyone had one. So the strength of exclusivity for games like GTA and GT3 that was awarded to Sony, now sits with MS (or a delayed release at least).

I used to have a PS2 and GT3. Now have a 360 Elite complete with seat + wheel and Forza 3.

I'm the market me.