ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony - PS3 - Losing 'it'?

my only real problem with the ps3 has been that it has nothing to draw me to it everything i want to play is either multiplatform or 360 exclusive (mainly multiplat)

for me the ps2 had some titles that i just had to have like GT, GTA, FF, and tony hawk

but now for me it only had GT and well thats not even out yet and ive fallen out of love with driving games a bit anyway

Its only feature i would use is bluray but id rather a standalone its cheaper and quieter

yup but not in the rest of the worldseems strange to do it just to please them tbh

granted only 3 360's have been sold in japan lol so it wouldnt make a difference

I accept that, but how does that make it the 'best'. Take Windows. The worlds most popular operating system... but, the best?

I'm not agreeing with the statement of "the best" I don't know the intent with which Mike was using it he may be saying in terms of a high volume title. I'd personally not bother as I tried the FF series a while back and found it tedious/geeky and turn based combat is dull as f**k. That said Sony have historically had a stranglehold on the Japanese market and it's largely down to titles like FF. So for them to get FF is a very big deal for them when it comes to cracking the Japanese market.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
GTA4 and Bioshock in that list, Bioshock was out well over a year before on the xbox and as mentioned the xbox gets more content for GTA.

Like I say I have both machines and tbh generally only buy the exclusive titles on the PS3 for the simple reason the joypad is utter toss, online isnt as good (plus I have less mates on it even if it operated better) and it's noisy as f**k.

I have to disagree,

Comparing the 360 joypad to the ps3 and saying its "utter toss" is stupid, the ps3 control pad is just the perfect size and best of all you DONT have to buy anything extra to charge it, not like the xbox which is huge, have to buy a charge kit for it, and the headset needs to be plugged into the bottom wel that stupid,

Ps3 noisy? other way round, my xbox is so noisey its ridicolous, hence why im selling the facker,

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I'm not agreeing with the statement of "the best" I don't know the intent with which Mike was using it he may be saying in terms of a high volume title. I'd personally not bother as I tried the FF series a while back and found it tedious/geeky and turn based combat is dull as f**k. That said Sony have historically had a stranglehold on the Japanese market and it's largely down to titles like FF. So for them to get FF is a very big deal for them when it comes to cracking the Japanese market.

But have you seen half the stuff them japs are into? ;)

Id imagine MW2 will attract similar numbers.

I have to disagree,

Comparing the 360 joypad to the ps3 and saying its "utter toss" is stupid, the ps3 control pad is just the perfect size and best of all you DONT have to buy anything extra to charge it, not like the xbox which is huge, have to buy a charge kit for it, and the headset needs to be plugged into the bottom wel that stupid,

Ps3 noisy? other way round, my xbox is so noisey its ridicolous, hence why im selling the facker,

It is toss the triggers are useless (seeing as I'm into driving games it's a major failing in my eyes) the joysticks dont have as good a feel either IMO and the PS3 is more suited in size to someone with the hands of an 8 year old girl. It's a design harking back to the PS1 which desperately needs revising IMO, it was good enough then but it's not now.

My PS3 is easily 2 or 3 times as loud as my Xbox yes.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Personally I like... least I know where everything is on it. And don't get cramp in my hands from using it for a while. :p

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Wow, didn't expect to start off a fan boy war.:eek:

I have to say DarrenS' post is the one that's made most sense. Its a shame really as there are great games on both platforms. It's ok saying 'get both' but I cannot justify the extra console. As much as I want GTA/Forza, I will just wait untill GT5 comes out & live in the hope GTA sell the rights to sony aswell. :eek:

I think that the main issue is Sonys ability to compete with Microsoft. Its such a big company, it hasn't really got a prayer when competing for games etc.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Wow, didn't expect to start off a fan boy war.:eek:

I have to say DarrenS' post is the one that's made most sense. Its a shame really as there are great games on both platforms. It's ok saying 'get both' but I cannot justify the extra console. As much as I want GTA/Forza, I will just wait untill GT5 comes out & live in the hope GTA sell the rights to sony aswell. :eek:

I think that the main issue is Sonys ability to compete with Microsoft. Its such a big company, it hasn't really got a prayer when competing for games etc.

Eh... ?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Do fancy Uncharted, but struggled to get into the first one. Ridge Racer and Tekken where exclusives once.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay, I'm going to post my opinion in full.

Having owned both, i can honestly say the Xbox 360 is superior. And heres why.

I got my 360 on launch day, back when they were shockingly unreliable. I remember if you tried to read a message while playing PGR3 online it often froze! But i stuck with it because the epicness that XBL was there to see, it just needed some problems ironing out. I've been lucky and I'm still on my first xbox, a lot of people have lost theres due to the RROD. However, i believe the newer xbox's seem to have combated this problem.

As for the PS3, well i didnt get it on launch because it was a million pounds. I got it a few months after, when Sony were desperate to get rid so started throwing in lots of games and accessories. Here are my niggles with it....

• The controllers: Too small for my big hands, they were okay when i was about 7 but they feel flimsy and and give me a cramp now. Also those triggers are shockingly slippery.
  • The games are s**t. "Oh but theres gran turismo 5". Thats fantastic, but while we wait till 2034 for that I'll just play Forza, k?
  • f**k Graphics, the gameplay is woefull. The only games i found "fun" as it were, were F1, Motorstorm and Resistance. Even those were a bit drab.
  • The online, yes its free but it shows.
  • The console itself. The only good use Ive found for it is sticking a bunch of downloaded tv shows on it, and using it to play my bluerays. Other than that if i want to play a game i have to sit through an hours worth of download (thats if it decides it wants to connect to my homehub)
And finally...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R98qC0fd_1w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R98qC0fd_1w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Its just annoying when there's so many threads bashing the Ps3 when its been a real case of the hare vs the tortoise! All I see on this forum is xbox ftw or ps3 sux. When quietly its been churning out top game after top game rather than repackaging DLC and expansion packs.

do you really believe that? i mean seriously? like what??

360 has had halo/GoW/forza what has sony had? uncharted/killzone? gt5....which we're sitll waiting for? love the hare vs tortoise comparison.....it's more like hare vs hare but one hare got a massive head start on the other because the other was f**king lazy and couldn't get its ass in gear.

360 has had halo/GoW/forza what has sony had? uncharted/killzone? gt5....which we're sitll waiting for? love the hare vs tortoise comparison.....it's more like hare vs hare but one hare got a massive head start on the other because the other was f**king lazy and couldn't get its ass in gear.

I don't need to believe its fact!

This year 360 has had very little that has scored well! Forza, some repackaged DLC and an expansion pack - wow!

PS3 has had KIllzone 2, INFAMOUS, MLB the show, Demons Souls, Uncharted 2 all of which have all scored extremly well.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Analyst OTX claims that many gamers are shifting to Sony’s console for upcoming multiformat sequels
A new report from analyst firm OTX has claimed that a number of keen gamers who bought the likes of Assassin’s Creed and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Xbox 360 are intending to purchase the PS3 versions of the upcoming sequels.
The belief comes from numbers showing that 15 per cent of those who plan to buy the PS3 version of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed 2 own the original version on Xbox 360. By contrast, just seven per cent of those intending to get the Xbox 360 version owned the original on PS3.
The report, which was published on Gamasutra, also predicts that PS3 will emerge as the favoured format for Infinity Ward’s shooter. Furthermore, OTX reckons this ‘defection’ will set the trend for future multiplatform releases.
If so, this will be a remarkable turnaround. Week one sales of the first Modern Warfare fell in Xbox 360’s favour, with Microsoft’s console claiming 63 per cent of UK sales.

Unbelievable!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I don't need to believe its fact!

This year 360 has had very little that has scored well! Forza, some repackaged DLC and an expansion pack - wow!

PS3 has had KIllzone 2, INFAMOUS, MLB the show, Demons Souls, Uncharted 2 all of which have all scored extremly well.

I've heard of about 2 of those games.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
It is toss the triggers are useless (seeing as I'm into driving games it's a major failing in my eyes) the joysticks dont have as good a feel either IMO and the PS3 is more suited in size to someone with the hands of an 8 year old girl. It's a design harking back to the PS1 which desperately needs revising IMO, it was good enough then but it's not now.

My PS3 is easily 2 or 3 times as loud as my Xbox yes.

not true lol i dont have girls hands, i cant unclip my RS grill without taking the front bumper off and also struggle to change bulbs yet i can hold this apperntly small joypad ;)

i think song have stuck with it as it works and its comfy to hold i do find it hard with a 360 joy pad but thats proberly because im not used to it

172//Crap Micra//Bus

Thing is... he is right.

You also forgot to mention Resistance and MGS. You did however demonstrate fairly well that both machines are bringing exclusives of the very same genre, that are directly comparable. Yet the xbox is so much more superior?! COME ON!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yes but all the exclusive games for PS3 are crap. No offence, I've tried in vain to find something i can play happily on the PS3!! Rental after rental of disappointing drab games, on crap controllers so after 30 mins i have epic cramp. My PS3 is just gathering dust tbh. If you want a 60gb PS3 i may even sell it, has lots of Top Gear episodes on it :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
A friend visited earlier this week who was wanting help choosing which console to buy his son for Christmas. After using both for a few hours he opted for the PS3 and has bought one. It is better value and has a superior media interface than the 360 while still providing a gaming experience to match the 360. Free online gaming was also considered as a plus point and works great despite what the 360 FB's say.

And yet you still feel qualified to comment ;) you say your ps3 is gathering dust and you much prefer the xbox well that's fine, I respect that its your choice but just because you don't know what's out there (see my earlier tortoise and hare comparison) doesn't mean there aren't quality titles around!

I've heard of about 2 of those games.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh the online is fine and dandy, i just think Xbox has a fun factor about it. Whether this is because most of my mates use it instead of there PS3's (we all were unimpressed when we got ps3s and immediately went back to xbl) that makes it more fun? Or maybe its just that PS3 is missing some of the tricks the XBOX has.

Either way, i find the XBOX more fun! And at the end of the day thats what matters. I don't care about media, some days i just want to play a game for a few mins for a laugh! Not sit for an hour while it downloads an update that does sweet FA!

Also have you ever tried moving a PS3 from a HD tv to an SD tv? On an xbox is a flick of the switch. For PS3 its a pain in the arse tbh! It's annoyances like that that really put me off playing the damn thing! I'm not saying its a complete loss. Blueray and media, as you say, is a plus. But I'm looking for a games console.

The functionality of XBL vs PSN isn't even remotely comparable imo. Yes you pay for one the other is free but it's shows. The PS3 is probably better of the two for a media hub and things like being able to put a laptop HDD in rather than being reamed by MS for their low capacity overpriced efforts on the xbox is another thing in it's favour. I still feel that the 360 is the better choice if you're buying a games machine and the PS3 for bluray, media, etc.

To put my opinion into context I hate MS with a passion, their PC OS is pap and I own a mac and have no intention of owning a MS OS machine again. I had an xbox and sold it within a couple of months as I felt it lacked software and the PS2 was superior but the tables have turned in this gen. Sony didn't really do themselves any favours in terms of getting hardware into peoples living rooms by coming to the party after MS.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Yes but all the exclusive games for PS3 are crap. No offence, I've tried in vain to find something i can play happily on the PS3!! Rental after rental of disappointing drab games, on crap controllers so after 30 mins i have epic cramp. My PS3 is just gathering dust tbh. If you want a 60gb PS3 i may even sell it, has lots of Top Gear episodes on it :)

Are you on crack? Xbox is not in anyway superior. If anything its equal. Its about personal pref

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Turkish sum's it up nicely there! And i hate getting sucked into an argument with Fanboys. They are both brilliant pieces of tech, i just prefer one than the other, k? :)

Exactly, IN MY OPINION. The xbox is superior. This is all OPINION.

Bumder With A Buffer

Resistance and Resistance 2 were far from crap!

I do get the hand cramp though. I even get it using my PSP. Old age sucks :(

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Firstly im no fanboy. Secondly im not arguing, simply trying to point out that both do the same. Albeit in a slightly different way. Exclusive content is very similar in both counts. That is all.

I have both , but dont go on line at all.

As for games , their both as good as each other , i like the 360 pad better . Bluray player and media streamer PS3.

You deffo need both if your into games in a big way far too many AAAE games on either machine , you would end up missing out.

If i had to choose 1 as a games machine and a media centre it would have to be PS3.

Get both!

Octy VRS
I think next year will come good for the PS3 what with some exclusives and some shared games. There is a lot due out that will make both consoles very comparable. GT5...., Mafia 2, Red Dead, Agent, MAG to name a few. There have only been a couple for PS3 this year, Uncharted, Infamous and Demon's Souls. I thought Killzone was s**t.